478: The One With At The Movies

CHERYL POV:

I look at Fangs. "Toni's never had a birthday party?" I ask him. He shakes his head. "No." He says eating more of his lunch. "Why?" I ask him. He shrugs. "Never wanted one." He says quietly. I look at Sweet Pea. "Did you know this too?" I ask him. "Ah! Not really, I've only known Toni and Fangs since Freshman Year, I just figured that she did something with her Grandfather, I never questioned it." He explains. "Can we do something for her?" I ask her. "Well, she usually goes to see a movie with me and then sits at home and we split a entire full sheet cake. It's actually quite impressive that neither of us puke it back up." Fangs explains. I take a deep breath. "What if we do something small? Like just us!" She tells me. "Fine but if she gets mad, it's on you." I take a deep breath. "What if the four of us go to Pops after Toni and I go to see the movie?Fangs you're off the hook this year." I ask them. They look at each other for a moment. "Can we still eat an entire sheet cake? I already have it ordered." Fangs asks quietly. I nod. "Then let's do it." He smiles.

I look at Toni as she hands me the popcorn. "Why have you never had a party?" I ask her. She sighs. "My Grandfather was never able to afford it." She tells me. "You aren't throwing me a party right? Because last time someone didn't want a party, you and Chuck Clayton crashed it and we all know how that went down." She explains. I smile. "No! I'm not gonna do that! Don't worry! But, Fangs and Sweet Pea are gonna be at Pop's for a small dinner! And Fangs will be bringing over a sheet cake for us to devour. I promise that's all! And if there's more it's not my fault... unlike last time." I explain to her. She nods. "Ok. Thank you." She smiles. "I know birthdays can suck, so I get you why want something small." She nods. "I don't hate my birthday! I just don't like parties! My grandfather threw me one party when we were able to afford it and I cried the whole time because I liked what we did before even though it meant we had no money." She explains. I nod. "I really don't do big social gatherings anyways, like you saw me at Veronica's birthday. I spent most of it in Betty's backyard like an idiot." She explains. "I get it." I tell her. "Thanks." I nod.

I walk into Pop's. "Where is everyone?" Toni ask quietly. "Oh-." She interrupts me. "You aren't throwing me a party right?" She asks a little pissed. "No! Toni! I'm not an idiot!" I check my phone. "Oh! They're running late Sweet Pea's truck has a flat, and they're waiting for his dad to pick them up from the shop!" I tell her. "They'll be here in 10!" I say quietly.