402: The One With The Baby

TONI POV:

I look at Veronica as she walks over to me. "You're really gonna walk out like that? You guys have been through a lot all this effort and you just walk out?" She ask yelling at me, very angry and in front of an embarrassing amount of people. "Ah..." I scoff. "What?" I ask confused. "Cheryl has a baby and you just walk out!" She says pissed. "I was ordering her food! She hasn't eaten in like-." I look at my watch and do the math. "13 hours! If not more! I wanted to get her food!" I explain. "So you're not abandoning her?" She ask quietly. "No! I would never do that!" I tell her. "Ok." She says quietly. "I owe Betty some money." She says to her self but I hear it. "What?" I ask quietly. "Completely unrelated." She says quietly. I nod. "Yeah! Ok." I say quietly. "So who's the father?" She ask quietly. I laugh. "You're funny! You just accosted me, probably placed a bet on how long it would take me to leave Cheryl, and now you want me to tell you something only me, Cheryl and the father know? Ok. Sure." I explain. "The father is, and prepare yourself... none of your god damn business." I tell her.

I walk into the hospital room. Cheryl is watching tv as the baby sleeps in the little crib. "I brought food! Veronica thought I was abandoning you and the baby." She smiles as I put the food on the tray table. I look at the baby as Cheryl rips the bag open and scarfs down the food. "Hi!" I smile. "She's not small." I whisper. "You won't feel like same when one is coming out of a whole the size of a nickel." Cheryl says with her mouth full. "I thought it was a quarter?" I ask her. "Who knows, it's never gonna be the same anymore." She says quietly. "Are you worried about that?" I ask quietly. "No! I don't really care I was just saying!" She says smiling. I nod. "Are you?" She ask quietly. "I didn't really think about it. But not really. It'll make sex interesting now though." She laughs quietly. "We need a name." She says quietly. "I don't know." I whisper. I sit down on the bed next to Cheryl. "If she was a boy I'd suggest Jason." I say quietly. "No. It's still to hard maybe as a middle name though." She says quietly. I nod. "Well, we didn't have a boy so we don't have to worry." I say quietly. "Is there anyone in your family who means a lot?" She ask quietly. "Yeah, It's my full name, I don't like it maybe as a middle name though, if we give her a first name that she doesn't like, Antoinette has a few different things she can chose from. My mom was suck with Dee because she hated her first name." I say quietly. She smiles a little. "Fair." I nod. "Wait you weren't named after your mom?" She ask quietly. I shake my head. "No, I was named after my father and grandfather." I say quietly. "My parents weren't planning on having another kid so they had to name me after my dad." I say quietly. "We still need to name." I smile. "Well, my grandmother on my mom's side, I really loved her middle name." I say quietly. "What was it?" She ask quietly. "Luna." I say quietly. "Luna Topaz?" She ask quietly. I shrug. "I don't know." She says honestly. "I don't hate it! I'm just not sure." She says quietly. "I mean, if she hates it, she has a middle name." I say quietly. "That's true. I think I can do Luna. The more I think about it the less I hate it." I nod.