Chapter 54

Ross's Pov

Scrolling through my pictures, I smiled as I saw many pictures of me, Alessia, mom, Elijah, Isabella, and Regina.

It was like our own little family without the others.

It's been four months since Regina returned and we had a great time bonding together.

Just as I was click on a picture, a caller ID popped up.

Looking at it, I smiled and saw that it was bibi who was calling.

*They're speaking Swahili*

"Habari, bibi." (Hi, grandma.) I said with a smile

"Oh, roro mdogo wangu. Umekuwaje?" (Oh, my little roro. How have you been?")

I blushed at the annoying name that I was called when I was little.

"Bibi, tafadhali usiniite hivyo."(Grandma, please don't call me that.) I said

"Lo, Mbona siwezi kumwita mjukuu wangu kwa jina lake la utani la utotoni?" (Oh,Why can't I call my grandson by his childhood nickname?)

Grandma is known for her teasing in the family and would make anybody turn as red as a tomato from embarrassment.

"Bibi, tafadhali usiniite hivyo." (Grandma, please just don't call me that.) I said

"Sawa. Kwa hivyo, umekuwaje na Regina anaendeleaje?"(Ok. So, how have you been and how's Regina doing?)

"Nimekuwa mzuri na Gina pia." (I've been good and so is Gina.)

"Huyo mwanaharamu wa baba yako na vibaraka wake wadogo hawajamdhulumu mdogo wangu, je!?" (That bastard of a father of yours and his little minion bastards haven't been bullying my little one, have they?)

"Bibi." (Grandma.) I said

"Ninajua kwamba bado ni baba yako na ni ndugu zako, lakini lazima wawe wajinga sana kuamini neno la msichana mdogo bila kuchunguza kile kilichotokea." (I know that he's still your father and they're your siblings, but they must be extremely stupid to believe a little girl's word without investigating what really happened.)

"Ninaweza kukubaliana na wewe, bibi. Nilijaribu kuwaambia ukweli kwa vile mimi pia ni mwathirika, lakini hawakunisikiliza."(I can agree with you, grandma. I tried telling them the truth since I also a victim, but they wouldn't listen to me.) I said while balling my hand into a fist

"Sijali kama wanaomba msamaha wanapopata ukweli. Hawakupaswa kumfukuza Gina namna hiyo, hasa mama yako alipokuwa katika hali ya kukosa fahamu na hata hakuuliza angetuma." (I don't care if they beg for forgiveness when they find out the truth. They shouldn't have sent Gina away like that, especially when your mother was in a coma and didn't even ask rather she would send Gina away or could have send her here with me and your grandfather.)

"Mara tu ninapofikisha miaka kumi na nane katika wiki mbili, ninaondoka kwenye makazi ya De Luca na ninaweza kusafiri kwa muda kidogo." (Once I turn eighteen in two weeks, I'm leaving the De Luca residence and might travel for a bit.) I said

"Ni bora ukiacha familia yenyewe. Laiti mama yako angenisikiliza na kumtaliki yule mwana haramu Lorenzo badala ya kukaa naye huko. Ikiwa unahitaji milo iliyopikwa nyumbani, kukumbatia kwa joto na busu." (It's better if you leave the family itself. If only your mother would listen to me and divorce that bastard Lorenzo instead of staying with him. If you need home-cooked  meals , warm hugs and kisses, or someone to talk to, you'll always have a home here.)

I smiled.

I love grandma dearly as she was the only one along with mom's side of the family that believed my words and know that Regina would never do that.

"Asante, bibi. nakupenda." (Thank you, grandma. I love you) I said

"Hakuna haja ya kunishukuru na nakupenda pia, roro. Tukutane usiku wa leo." (There's no need to thank me and I love you too, roro.)

"Nakupenda pia, bibi. Tukutane usiku wa leo." (Love you too, grandma. See you tonight.) I said

After saying that, I ended the call and toss my phone beside me and closed my eyes.

Why do I feel like I'm forgetting something?

Thinking for minute, I opened my eyes and sat up.

I forgot to tell grandma about the kids.

I hope she's in for a surprise when she finds out she's a great-grandma.

Sarah's Pov

After putting down Alessia down for nap, I quietly closed her door and started walking to Lorenzo's office.

Today's the day that the divorce is finalized.

We were supposed to have finalized tomorrow, but Lorenzo had a lawyer finalize everything earlier.

Reaching the Lorenzo's office, I took a deep breath and opened the door.

Inside was Lorenzo and two lawyers.

One belongs to the De Luca family, while the other belongs to my family.

"Since Mrs. De Luca is here, we may begin the meeting."

"I'm Mrs. Parks and the lawyer of Ms. Humming. These are the conditions that Ms. Humming told me that both clients agreed too.

1. She will have custody of Alessia De Luca.
2.Mr.De Luca will not contact Ms. Humming or her family unless it's it involves the children that they had over the years.
3.Mr De Luca will not ask for help from the Jamaican Mafia unless it is a serious issue that would put the children's lives in danger.
4.Alessia De Luca will visit Mr. De Luca every weekend or holidays."

As my lawyer discuss with the De Luca family's lawyer, I felt Lorenzo stare at me from time to time while still listening to the lawyers.

"Then, what about the alimony?"

"I will not accept the alimony, instead it will go to Alessia. Count it as child support until she reaches the age of eighteen." I said while taking a sip of tea

"If that's what you wish, Ms. Humming."

*1 hour later*

"All the conditions have been agreed upon and the clients only need to do is sign the divorce papers and they will be stamped tomorrow. Mrs. Parks and I will be the witnesses."

"Can you please step out for a minute?" Lorenzo asked

Both of the lawyers nodded and left the room.

"I know that you wouldn't wait long and stay with me any longer, but is it really no way to fix our marriage?" Lorenzo asked

"Lorenzo, have you ever felt like we were drifting apart?" I asked

Lorenzo opened his mouth, but no words came out.

"Exactly. We shouldn't be trying to force ourselves to stay together. Lorenzo, I loved you since we were little when we first meet and you've made me happy over the years, but there are things that I can't forgive you for." I said

Taking off my wedding ring, I placed it on the table and picked up the pen and signed the divorce papers.

"Lorenzo, what we had is now over. It's time we go our sperate ways. Everything that you bought me over the years, I will leave here and take my personal items that I had bought myself." I said

"So, it really is the end?" Lorenzo said

Walking over to him, I bent down and gave him our last kiss.

"It is, Lorenzo." I said

After saying that, I stood back up and left out of the office.

Stay strong, Sarah.

From today onwards, you are no longer a De Luca but a Humming again.

--------------------------------------------------------------

So, what do you guys think of No Longer Innocent?

Who's Pov should I do next?