32 - The Truth Comes Out

No, Hell is still playing tricks with me

No, Hell is still playing tricks with me. That's not Sam. He's not here. The king wants to throw me off so he can kill me. It's not happening.

"Willa!" comes the voice again.

I wince but keep focus. "Stop this," I hiss to the king.

"I'm doing no tricks," he insists. "If you would be in the present like the rest of us, you'd see that things have changed."

My magic keeps the king pinned as I remove the blade from his throat and move away slightly to take in the throne room. Dead demons lay sprawled along the floor. Those on our side have their eyes focused on three new people: Sam Winchester, Dean Winchester, and Laura Routh.

"Mom?" I ask incredulously. She's got two pistols and a belt looped with ammo around her hips. The expression on her face is one I've rarely seen. This is overprotective Mom, not angry-at-me Mom.

"Willa," Sam tries again. "W-what is this?"

"A changing of the rule," Finn says rather proudly. The demons form a line beside and behind him. "You're interrupting one of the best moments. Wills and I were about to complete the mission."

"She's not doing it," Mom demands of Finn. Her brown eyes—my eyes—look to me. "Willa, sweetheart. Whatever this is, they've warped your mind."

"I should've let them kill you at the house." Finn leaves the pack of demons, walking to stand at my side. "But I guess it's alright that you're here. You're about to see just how far your daughter has come. You've got a real fighter here, Laura. But I think she gets that from her dad." Finn winks towards Sam.

"Wills, come back from the crazy ledge," Dean insists of me. His green eyes flicker to the demons still standing. "If you do this, there's no going back."

I'm already past that point. You don't know the things I've done.

Finn puts his hand over mine, the one that holds the blade. "We'll do it together."

I look to the king. "This ends with you. You're the reason I'm stuck in this mess! You put the hit out on me! You let demons ruin my high school experience!" I try to thrust the blade at the king but Finn's grip on me keeps me steady.

The king's brows come over his eyes. "What are you bloody talking about?"

"Oh, don't be so naïve, Crowley," Dean says. "You put the hit on Willa's head, and you sent your eager hounds after her!"

"I did no such thing."

"You're lying," Sam insists.

"If you would hear me out, moose, that would be lovely. Yes, I knew that the Winchester bloodline still continued. But when I realized how little involvement she had in our world, I let it be. If you morons weren't present in her life for all these years, why would you ever be?"