9 - Live Bait

My blood is boiling, not from anger, but

My blood is boiling, not from anger, but...adrenaline.

Cas wasn't hard to get back to the bunker. Apparently prayer works very fast when it comes to communicating with an angel.

Night has fallen over Lebanon, Kansas. Devil's traps have been spread out all around the bunker, painted in the grass. If Not-Cole shows, there's a guarantee he'll get caught. Lucky for us, there is no rainy forecast for tonight, so we don't have to worry about the paint washing off.

Cas remains close by, at the ready in case something happens. I'm armed with holy water, not trusted with a weapon just yet. It'll be enough to inflict pain on Not-Cole should he get too close. Sam and Dean remain crouched near the Impala, ready to react.

I remain by myself, eyes scanning through the dark for the demon. If he has staked this place out, he won't resist this opportunity to nab me. If he sees the traps though...

I'm hoping the demon is really stupid and oblivious.

A whistle reaches my ears. I turn. Far away from me, Not-Cole offers me a wave. Careful not to show my hand, I maneuver through the traps in the grass. He stands just a few feet from the one I stand in. He remains on the outside of it.

"Willa," he greets me softly.

"Stalking me much?" is my greeting to him.

"Well, you don't make it easy, since you don't come out for some sunshine or fresh air. You could use a little more sun, you look a bit pale. Or maybe that's just the moonlight. Instead, I see your bodyguards go in and out. I decided to take a leave and happened to think to pop in and see if anything changed." He smirks. "Look, Willa, I know the traps are here. I know you're expecting me, and so are they. If you come nicely, they won't get hurt."

"You're alone, asshat."

Not-Cole chuckles. "Am I?"

With a snap of his fingers, chaos ensues.

Demons appear out of the blue, aiming for my hidden backup. Cas is ganged up on with four demons, Sam and Dean with a total of six. Not-Cole relaxes on the back of his heels, watching with keen interest.

"You're just wasting demons, they'll all be dead," I tell Not-Cole.

"While that may be true, I figured I'd let them have a chance to kill the infamous trio. Now," he extends a hand out to me, "be a good girl and come with me."

I take a step back in defiance. "Come and get me if you want me so badly."

"You know I can't do that. One step in there and I'm a goner."

Another step back from me. "Like I said, jump in and get me. If you don't, one of the guys will detain you. Sounds like either way you'll be in our house."