10 - Rumor Has It

We get somewhere with the demon, but we only learn that his name—or the one he's given us—is Finn

Unfortunately, duty calls, so Sam and Dean are gone more than I'd like. But I'm not worried, Cas is with me. Finn is locked in the dungeon, in the security of a Devil's trap.

The Winchesters are scoping out a case near the East Coast, so it's gonna be a few days before they make it back to Kansas.

"If you wanna go join them, I can't stop you," I say to Cas. He's entered the library with a fast food bag that he plops in front of me on the table. "Thanks."

"Sam and Dean have worked on cases long before I was in the picture, I believe they'll be fine without me. If anything goes seriously wrong, they'll reach out. In the meantime, we need to get Finn to fess up his motive for pursuing you."

"Agreed. After I'm done eating, want to take another crack at him?"

"Sure."

It's weird, how nonchalant we are about going to interrogate a demon in the dungeon after I finish lunch. It's almost like telling Marley I'll text her when at lunch.

Marley. I really hope another demon hasn't taken her over. One possession sounds like enough. Will she even remember being possessed? Was the demon in Marley tied to Finn? Will they show up if they know Finn is MIA?

Like protocol, Cas leads me down into the dungeon, where a bored Finn awaits us. He seems to brighten slightly, in a menacing sort of way, when he realizes he has visitors.

"I would ask what do I owe the pleasure, but I think we're past that," is Finn's greeting to us. I try to see past Finn and see Cole. It's hard.

"You could make this easier if you just tell us what we want to know," Cas tells him. This is how our day starts.

"I'm telling you, it's not worth it for me. I get the shit straw regardless if I say or keep mum."

"What makes you think we'll kill you if you tell us?" I ask.

"Well, for starters, he's an angel." Finn nods to Cas. "He's a natural enemy, and they tend to smite on sight rather than talk things out."

Cas looks mildly uncomfortable by the labeling.

"If I talk to Willa alone, I may give you what you want."

"She's not being alone with you, ever. She may be new this to world, but I'm certainly not." Cas looks to me. "Demons tend to whisper lies and manipulate. I can't let you be alone with him."

"Not even if I'm offering information. Wow, you're really stubborn for a flying freak."

"You're in no real position to go provoking him," I say to Finn. "You're at his mercy."