4 - The Lair

I let out a loud squeak of surprise at a loud noise. I glare as I find Dean tapping on the car window. I unbuckle and push the door open, yawning.

"This the place where you're gonna dump my body?" I tease bitterly.

"Well, good morning to you too, sunshine," Dean retorts. "We're here."

I stretch, feeling uncomfortable and buggy in my Homecoming dress. I still have the jacket that Dean lent me over my shoulders. I pull it tighter around me when I realize it's a few degrees too cold. "W-where are we?"

"Lebanon, Kansas. Come on, kiddo."

Great, I've been moved out of state. That's not concerning. I haven't really travelled a lot of places, not even for vacation. Being outside of Colorado makes me very wary.

I follow behind Dean, keeping my distance. We walk down a hidden small thing of steps in the ground, and we pass through two doors before we're truly inside this so-called bunker.

A lair indeed. I stand at the top of the steps, glancing down. There look to be two rooms: the one further from me is a library, with shelves full of books, and a table with a few lamps and chairs. The room closest to me...I'm not quite sure what it is. It's got a table that has a map on it, with chairs around it.

"You can follow us," Dean says, as he, Sam, and Cas are at the bottom of the stairs.

"Nah, I'm good up here." I lean over the railing.

"You can't get far if you don't have the keys." Dean holds those out and jiggles them.

I frown. "I wasn't planning on stealing the car."

"Damn right you weren't. If you want answers, you gotta come down here."

I groan and take my time down the steps. I almost fall with a misstep, to which Dean rolls his eyes at me. I feel even smaller when I get down the last step. I follow the three into the library.

"Okay, you said you'd talk when we're at the bunker. We're here," I say. "Start talking."

"What do you want to know?" asks Cas.

"Everything." I pull off Dean's jacket and put it around the nearest chair. "What you are, what you guys really are and what you do. What the hell happened back at Homecoming. All of it." I cross my arms.

"You sure you wanna know?" asks Sam.

"What, think I can't handle the truth?"

"Well, considering your performance at the school, I'm leaning towards no," says Dean.

"What happened at the school, it," Sam hesitates, "it was a demon attack. A small group of them."

"Demons, huh?" I ask, unamused.

Sam looks at me funny. "We were hunting leads on them, and they led us to your school."

"So, what? You snuck in to snuff out demons? You sure you guys didn't secretly spike the drinks?"

Dean rolls his eyes, rubbing his face. "You'd wish we had. You saw what happened in the classroom. You got tossed around, and I'll bet money the demon showed you its eyes."

I lick my lips. My mind goes back to the pitch black holes that I saw in Marley and Cole. Or what wasn't them, I guess. I think back to how inhumanly strong they had been, how Not-Cole had put me against the whiteboard, and I remained there until whatever held me was broken. I look to Cas nervously. "You a pet demon to these guys?"