28 - 'Stage is Yours, Wills.'

Demons pulled me from a weak sleep, with Finn as the head of the group

Demons pulled me from a weak sleep, with Finn as the head of the group. I barely walked out by my own volition, they dragged me out. My shoes skimmed the floor.

"You'll be grateful for the fresh air, Wills," Finn says ahead of me. "Some time away from the brick walls. Hell, if you somehow come to an understanding, you may even get something nice out of it."

I doubt it, unless he'll make you dead. Unless he can bring Cas back so I can apologize for the rest of my life. Unless he can assure me that Sam, Dean, and Mom aren't dead or dying. Or that they aren't here with me.

A lot of other souls aren't happy that I get a break from my torture time, their voices of dissent echo loud in my brain. As if this is considered lucky.

I'm handled not-so-gently up the steps as Finn continues to lead the way to the king. I've never met the demon before, so I'm not sure what to expect. I won't be able to run very far without consequences. I wouldn't even know where to start to get out of here.

At this point, I know resisting is stupid. I don't think I've got the strength to do so anyhow. I'm pulled through new parts of Hell that I've never seen before. Truthfully, I don't want to see any more. I want out.

The room opens up as we make a final turn. There are demonic guards milling about, others are standing stock-still as though they're statues and not creatures of darkness. I spot a throne and in it, the King of Hell.

I would say he intimidates me, but with all that I've gone through, he'll need to prove it. He doesn't show me his trademark demonic eyes. He's dressed well, in a fine black suit. He does give off the air as though I'm bothering him. That's a good thing, I guess. I might as well bug someone here since demons have done more than enough to disrupt my life.

"Well, well, at last," says the king's growling accent. "I finally get to meet the source of all the headaches. Willa Routh...or is the last name Winchester more apt?"

"I'd prefer Routh," I say coldly, adjusting feebly against the demons who hold my arms. If they let go of me, I can't guarantee that I won't fall to the ground. "It's been my last name for almost seventeen years, I'd like to keep it that way."

"Little bats told me that you've dealt a great blow to Sam and Dean Winchester. Care to share?"

"Not really." My eyes scan for Cas's body. As expected, he's nowhere to be found. "I was told I unintentionally did a good service for you."

"Is that right?" The king quirks his lips. "And just who told you that?"

"I did," Finn pipes up. "It's only fair, I think. We should offer her something for her good deed."

"And just what do you think that should be?"

"Perhaps we hear what she wants first?" Finn looks to me. "Stage is yours, Wills."

I toss my ratty head. "What are you willing to give?" I ask the king.

"Not your freedom," the king says immediately.

"I figured as much. How about some things to help me get my strength back? Does Hell have showers? Any worthwhile food? Demons wouldn't understand basic human needs, but, I am human."

"Mostly," comments the king haughtily. "We know the nugget of truth about you. About your father's blood. About yours."

I scowl. "We're not talking about them, we're talking about me. I know you won't call off your demons to allow them some peace, either."

"Oh, smart one. Perhaps we can arrange you to get some cookies for that brain." The king's smirk does not amuse me. It does not flatter me. It makes me want to punch him in his teeth.

"Basic human needs so I don't waste away, that's what I want," I say. "Changes of clothes, proper hygiene, food and water. I know it'll be the most you can offer since higher stakes clearly aren't on the table."

"We'll see what we can do. Don't imagine this as Hell, Willa. You're safer in here than out there topside."

I snort. "Really?"

"Well, think about it. How will it look to the Winchesters when they find out that you killed their pet angel? Blood or not, I don't reckon they'll easily forgive you. People can be very unpredictable, even if you claim to know them inside and out."

Trying to think makes a serious headache form. I think it's from lack of food. Or sleep. Or just overall poor health. It's really hard to say.

"The poor thing looks exhausted," the king drawls. "You'd best get her back before she passes out."

At the king's dismissal, I'm moved back to my cell. About halfway there, my legs give out and I collapse to the ground. Finn shoos his help away to carry me back himself.

"I don't get demons," I mumble tiredly. "You inflict nothing but harm. And yet...the king will consider giving me basic human needs."

"Not all demons are soulless. If humans spent more time with us, they'd see that."

I scoff. "Trying to gain my sympathy, really? After all you've put me through? You're losing your mind."

"You're one to talk."

**Come now, did you expect us to be in Hell and not get Crowley involved somehow?**