14 - The Missing Piece of the Family Tree

To my disliking, Sam and Dean are nowhere to be found

To my disliking, Sam and Dean are nowhere to be found. Since the Impala is gone, Cas and I assume they either had an emergency or ran out to get vital things, like food. Dean confirms the latter with a text to Cas.

Yay, more waiting.

"Can't you at least feed me some info? If you tell me beforehand, I'll have some time to recover before they get back. If mind-breaching was an ability of mine, I'd use it right now."

Cas looks conflicted. I pout in my best effort to try and get him to spill something.

"Piecemeal it to me," I plea. "You said you linked me to my dad through Heaven's archives. Was Finn telling the truth about my blood?"

It's a long minute before Cas nods minutely. Okay, that's a start.

"For once, a demon told a truth," Cas admits. "But the hunter blood makes sense. You were under the Winchester family tree. I'm still missing—"

"Back that up for me," I say abruptly. I know Cas found out something huge, but it can't be that coincidental.

"You're a Winchester, Willa." He says it as though I should know.

"You were meaning to say 'wizard', right?" I ask. Cas looks at me. "Look, metaphorically, maybe. And I think that's kinda sweet that I've been considered part of this dysfunctional, monster-killing clan, but I'm not one."

"But you are."

"There's no way, Cas. Are you sure you were reading the right thing? It kinda sounds to me like the Winchester clan is down to two brothers."

"Willa, your mother had you at a young age. Your parents were young, and a tad bit reckless."

"Oh, so I'm an accident now?"

"Please, stop," Cas groans.

"You didn't answer my question."

"You hadn't been planned." He avoids eye contact uncomfortably. "Your mother had knowledge of your father."

"I know that," I snap. "She never told me his name."

"Unfortunately, hiding his identity didn't matter in the end, because you've been with him for a while now."

"Oh, god. It's Dean, isn't it? He's my dad." I close my eyes. "I guess it makes sense. Out of the two of them, he'd be the one who would have a kid nobody would know about." Don't ask me why, it's just a vibe I've low-key had about him.

"No, i-it's not Dean."

"I'm not a Winchester," I say adamantly.

"Heaven's records say otherwise."

I snort. "What does Heaven know?"

"A lot, actually. You have much more in common with your father than you realize. You grew up normal, but you were taken out of school when you crossed paths with the supernatural. Not to mention you have a small amount of demon blood in your system."