17 - The Tail

There's no denying it: everyone had their reservations about this road trip

            There's no denying it: everyone had their reservations about this road trip. But with some long discussion, we have a solid enough plan that everyone can get on board with.

We gathered the necessary precautions and supplies. While Cas would be coming with us, he'd be doing a perimeter nearby to be sure nothing comes through. He got an early start once I'd given him the town I lived in. If anything popped up suspicious, he'd give a head's up. But he did tell us that if we needed him to absolutely reach out.

Even though I'm not related to Cas, I feel like I've just gained an uncle. And I've already got one.

We've still got some time before we reach my hometown. It's becoming a longer trip, mostly due to my little bladder. Right now is no exception. Thankfully, giving Dean the head's up, once he sees the next rest stop, he turns into the parking lot.

"I'll run in with her," Sam offers.

"Er, to what, watch me pee?" I wrinkle my nose.

"No, for snacks. Provisions. Unless you want to starve?"

"Er, no thanks. Fine."

Dean lets the car get a rest while Sam and I head into the rest stop. We break off, with me making a beeline for the bathroom. Thankfully, no one else is inside, allowing me the stall of my choice. Damn, I should've thought to tell Sam to pick me up some of my favorites. He wouldn't know them, obviously.

I exit the stall, doing a very throughout scrub of my hands. While this restroom looks fairly kept, I'm not risking getting ill.

Movement catches my peripheral. As I begin to turn, a frown comes down on my face. A man is in the women's restroom. And he doesn't look lost. Or embarrassed.

He doesn't speak a word. Just watches as I finish rinsing my hands. As I move towards the door, to grab some paper towels, he gets in my way.

"Dude, get the memo," I snap. "You're in the wrong bathroom." I gesture to the lack of urinals. "Get out now before I get security."

"Oh, now, is that any way to treat an old friend?"

I cock my head, baffled. I take slow steps back, reaching back to find a soap dispenser. The sinister tone in his voice isn't comforting. Since I don't recognize him, my mind is pointing me to one direction.

"Remember me, Wills?" His blue eyes flash black.

Naturally, I forget any sort of weaponry. I don't even have a flask of holy water on me to spray in Finn's face.

My hand finds the soap dispenser. I get some of the foam in my hand, flinging it into his eyes. He doesn't reel back in pain as I had really hoped. Instead, his eyes screw shut, one hand wiping the stuff from his eyes. Before I can try and move around him, blindly, he thrashes an arm out to stop me. With some force, he pushes me towards the back wall.