The Return

I lifted my hand to my cheek. The Bruise on my right cheek sent an entire ache through the side of my face. I walk near Susan arms around one another consoling each other thankful we are still together. "What happened?" Lucy asks concerned. "Ask him" Peter says gesturing towards Caspian. 

"Peter!" Susan yells annoyed from my side. "Me? You could have called it off there was time" Caspian responds. "No there wasn't because of you, if you would have kept to the plan those soldiers might still be alive" Peter turns towards Caspian. 

"If you had stayed here like I suggested, they definitely would be" Caspian yells. "You called us, remember?" Peter yells back to him. 

"My first mistake" Caspian says. "No you're first mistake was thinking you could lead these people" Peter walks away very upset. 

"Hey! I wasn't the one who abandoned Narnia!" Caspian Yells. "You were the ones who invaded Narnia, you have no more right to lead as Miraz does!" Peter yells back and I quickly begin to walk up to Peter seeing if I could diffuse the situation.  Caspian shoves Peter.

"You, him, your father, Narnia is better off without the lot of ya." Peter yells. I place my hand on his shoulder and try to get him to calm down. Caspian then swings his sword and as does Peter. I quickly take my twin knives and interject both of their swords standing in the middle of the two with each of my knives holding one sword.

"Enough!" I yell and slap their swords out of their hands onto the earth below. "Both of you made mistakes and sitting here bitching isn't gonna make those soldiers come back!" I yell. The whole group goes quiet. Narnia had never heard me yell in my years here. 

I had always been labeled as the tender queen. Always reasoning and keeping the calm between the groups of Narnians if a scuffle were to ever come up people would come to me to calm and handle the situation. 

I look at Susan and she gives me a nod of approval and a small smile almost like she's happy for me. I then look towards the centaur who lays a sickly and injured Trumpkin on the ground. Lucy runs over with her brew and drips a little drop into his mouth. 

I see some of the Narnians begin to cry realizing that their loved ones are gone. My heart begins to ache when I really feel the grief and guilt creeping into my mind. 

Trumpkin then coughs a bit reviving himself. "What are you all standing around for, Telemarines will be here soon enough" Trumpkin says and I look towards Peter his eyes were on me. I could see a look of concern in them. Part of me wanted to smack him hard and the other part of me wanted to hug him and tell him it's okay. I look towards the compound and then at Peter. I walk directly past him and Caspian and through the doors. 

I head to what was once the stone table as Peter follows me trying to catch up with me. I then feel something that makes me stop. A chill sweeps through my body and hits my face and Peter runs ahead of me. Edmund follows after him and I follow after Edmund. I hadn't felt a chill like that in Narnia since the White Witches reign. 

I go to the stone table and I stop when I see the White Witch. She smiles at me and I shiver. She sits prisoned behind a large iced wall. Just by looking into her poisonous eyes Im taken back to the Great War and the terror I felt when I was stabbed by the White Witch. Her story about her fall from grace was told many times throughout the golden years making everyone aware of the horrible place that Narnia once was.  I run forward as the boys duel the two creatures who made her come alive once more. 

Peter pushes an hypnotized Caspian onto the ground and it's quiet for a moment. "Peter, dear I missed you, come just one drop, you know you can't do this alone" she says and reaches out her hand to him. Peter keeps his sword out and ready but it almost seems like he begins to fade into the White Witches trap. He lowers his sword ready to give in to her. 

Suddenly the ice explodes as a small knife digs into the witches heart. I feel my hand empty as I watch her yell. She lays her head back and then disappears as quickly as she appeared. 

Peter looks at me I can see how disappointed he is in himself. I turn around and walk out of the room leaving the boys behind. 

I sit down as I sharpen my knives. I feel a presence sit next to me and Peter looks at me. He reaches his hand up to touch my bruise and I turn away. It brings me back to the bonfire the first night in Narnia to our talk when he did the same thing. 

I let him touch it softly. "I'm sorry" he says and I look down towards my knives. "I should have stayed close to you through the battle" he says again and leans my chin up with his thumb.

"Peter, I know this is a lot and you think you know what's right but you need to listen to others for a moment, just discuss with Caspian and the other Narnians." I say and he nods his head. 

"I know and I'm sorry for becoming so upset when we got back, I was just frustrated that we had lost those soldiers and you were hurt and I can't live with myself knowing that I didn't protect you" Peter looks down. 

"I don't need your protection anymore Peter." I say with a small laugh and he laughs a bit too. "I need it though, I need to make sure that you're safe and protected because without you I'm nothing" Peter says and I look to him. 

I take a wet cloth on the table and dab at his cut above his eyebrow. He flinches as I do it. "I love you Peter" I say softly and he looks to me and a small blush forms on his cheeks. I laugh at the red glow and he smile "Every time I cant help it!" he laughs covering his face with his hands. I take his hands off letting myself see his red face. 

"You're so cute" I say and kiss his lips quickly.