Croquet

When the boys insisted on playing the game Croquet Lucy was not happy

When the boys insisted on playing the game Croquet Lucy was not happy. She didn't like the game I'm assuming. She sat by the large tree in the corner as we played the game. "Why has she all of a sudden gotten moody?" I ask Susan who looks towards Lucy. She's been upset really since we've come here, even is making up stories" Susan says and I look at her confused. "What type of stories is she making up?" I ask and Susan rolls her eyes as she thinks of the story. 

She leans in close to me. "She believes there is a snowy wonderland inside of the wardrobe in the upstairs room" Susan says and I can't help but let a laugh escape from my lips. "What do you mean?" I say and Susan then laughs a bit as well realizing that it still sounds ridiculous to her. "Yesterday while that loud rain storm was happening" Susan starts and my mind wonders off to meeting Peter in the rain. 

"We were playing a game of hide and seek, Peter was counting and we were all hidden for all of five seconds and then Lucy comes running out of the room claiming there is a forrest in the wardrobe" Susan says stifling her laugh. "What did you guys do?" I ask and Susan looks at Lucy. "We checked and it was just a bunch of old dusty coats that were hideously designed" I can't help but laugh. "I'm sure you could pull em off Susan." I say and Susan gives me a look. "Absolutely not I can barely dress myself correctly let alone style those hideous coats." She says. 

I then hear my name being called. "Amelie its your turn" Edmund says and I take my mallet and place it near the ball. "Please you really think you're going to get it in with that stance." Peter says and walks over. He then goes behind me. He tucks in my feet. He grabs hold of my hands and his hands were warm. It felt nice as mine were always freezing. I blush at his touch though and look over my shoulder at him. He softly smiles at me and then lets go and blushes realizing what he just did. 

I then swing the racket and my ball immediately goes through the hoop. I smile and Peter gives me a high five. "God get a room won't ya" Edmund says and I can't help but blush even deeper than before. "Shut it Ed" Peter says and then lines himself up to strike the ball. He swings and it hits Edmunds Shins. "Ow" Edmunds yells holding onto his shins. 

"Wake up Dolly Daydream" Peter says and Susan laughs. "Why can't we play hide and seek again?" Edmund says and I see Lucy look over at the four of us and then look away. "I thought you said it was a kids game." Peter says and Susan speaks up. "Besides, we could all use some fresh air" I give Susan a reassuring smile. 

"Not like there's air inside?" Edmund says and Susan gives him an annoyed look. I couldn't help but giggle at their bickering. "I wish I could've had siblings to bicker like this." I say and Edmund looks over at me. "No you don't" he says and I laugh. 

"Are you ready?" Peter says to Edmund holding up a ball. "Are you?" Edmund says and lines up to bat the ball like in a game of baseball. Peter then throws the ball and Edmund hits it high into the air. For a moment we all watch impressed but then the ball flies through the glass window along with a loud bang and gasp from all of us. I drop my mallet and run inside following the Pevensie siblings. 

Awww we love a good friendship between Susan and Amelie.