Mr. Tumnus

I was in shock

I was in shock. I've always hated the snow but in Narnia it was beautiful. The frost had covered the trees causing them to look like diamonds. The snow was soft and full and it didn't feel like snow at home if I could even call it home. This snow was soft like velvet but it was colder than the snow across the wardrobe. The sky was gray but a different type of grey. It wasn't a cloudy gray like you see but a gray that had been mixed with softer and lighter colors. The air seemed to always smell fresh like the smell of the air in the morning after a rainstorm. 

It was eerily quiet though. It seemed like it was once filled with life and sprit but a large snow cloud had dampened everyones sprits and brought them into hibernation. On the journey to Mr. Tumnus Lucy had squeezed my hand tightly every time she had gotten excited. Only a couple of minutes into the journey my hand had began to go numb between the cold and her strength. 

The forrest was very hilly and it was tough trying to catch a grip in the soft snow causing Peter to slip and fall multiple times. I couldn't help but laugh each time as he grabbed me to help him stand back up. "Just plant your feet in the snow!" I said helping him up for what felt like the tenth time. "I'm trying its slippery!" he then placed his feet on the ground and trudged along next to me. 

I looked over at him and his view. His cheeks were bright red from the wind kissing them. His hair was messy and unkempt. The white world however made the color in his eyes pop. They were angelic like I could get completely lost in the piercing ocean blue that they were. All I wanted to do was fix his hair and push it out of his face in order to see even more of his eyes. 

He looked over at me and my head snapped forward to avoid being caught by him. I saw though out of the corner of my eye that he had a small smirk on his face. I wanted to shove him down into the snow again just for that smirk so that's what I did. He fell face first this time causing Susan and Lucy to laugh. "Really!" Peter said looking up at me and we all three laughed more when we could see the snow wrapped into his eyelashes and eyebrows causing him to look like Jack Frost. 

We all walked past him as Lucy realized that we were close to Mr. Tumnus. "There will be lots of food and-" Lucy stopped as she saw what had become of Mr. Tumnus door. It looked like someone had completely bashed the hinges off of it. 

Lucy immediately ran towards the home. "Lucy!" Peter screamed shoving through us and chasing after the girl. The three of us ran towards her as well into Mr. Tumnus home. 

The inside was ransacked. Everything was smashed and it looked like a tornado had swept through the house and taken Mr. Tumnus with it. "Who would do something like this?" Lucy said sadly looking around at all of the broken plates and chairs. I looked down to see all of his pictures including a older creature half goat and half human. I realized it was his father. 

My eyes snap over towards a note nailed into the wall near the kitchen. "There's a note!" I say and Peter Rips it down and begins to read it. 

Faun Tumnus is hear by charged with high treason against her imperial majesty, Jadis, Queen of Narnia, for comforting her enemies and fraternizing with humans.

Signed Maugrim Captain of the Secret Police.

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN

We all look at one another nervous. Humans weren't wanted here and yet we were here in this world. "Alright, now we really should go back." Susan declares looking at the three of us. "I agree we aren't wanted here and it seems dangerous." I say and Susan nods her head. "But what about Mr. Tumnus?" Lucy interjects. 

"If he was arrested for just being with a human, I don't think there's much we can do." Susan says trying to console Lucy. "You don't understand, do you?" Lucy grows angry "I'm the human, she must of found out he helped me" 

"Maybe we can call the police." Peter tries to reason. "I think those are the police" I point out taking the letter and reading it once again. "Don't worry Lu, we'll think of something." Peter tries reassuring Lucy. He gives me a look a nervous look like he doesn't know what he's gonna do. I try my best to give him a smile but I know that it most likely isn't helping the situation. 

"Why, I mean, he's a criminal?" Edmund speaks for the first time since we arrived at Mr. Tumnus. My head then snaps towards something in the trees. "Pssst" I hear and I look at the others to make sure my mind isn't playing tricks on me. 

"Did that bird just Psst us?" Susan says with an expression filled with shock and confusion. Peter sets out of the doorway and then the branches begin to crack causing us all to grow scared. Peter grabs ahold of my hand immediately and Susan and Lucy cling to one another. I turn and see Edmund alone and quickly bring him to my side despite his resistance. His cheeks grow even redder then they already were when I wrap my hands around his shoulders. 

Then something pops out from behind a rock. We all look at it puzzlingly. "It's a beaver?" Lucy says and Peter then reaches his hand out to the animal. "Careful what if it has diseases." I say and Peter nods his head slowly creeping up on the creature as the beaver also walks forward. 

"Well I aint gonna smell it and I definitely don't have diseases" the beaver says and we all jump back scared that the animal had just talked. Lucy begins to laugh. "Oh sorry" Peter says stepping back towards me. 

"Lucy Pevensie" he then says and Lucy stops laughing and looks at the beaver. She steps forwards towards it as he reaches out a handkerchief. "That's the hanky I gave to Mr. Tumn-" Lucy starts, "Tumnus he got it to me just before they took him" the beaver says and Lucy's face lightens up a little. 

"Is he alright?" her face begins to grow with hope. "Further in" the beaver then says and runs into the icy forrest. 

"What are you doing?" Susan stops Peter and Lucy from following the animal. "Yeah how can we trust him?" Edmund says and Peter then says "He says he knows the faun." and shrugs his shoulders. 

"He's a beaver he shouldn't be speaking at all." Susan says and I can't help but laugh a little under my breath. Susan looks at me anxiously. "Susan it's okay if anything bad happens I'm sure we can take on a beaver." I say and she gives me another worried look. I place a hand on her shoulder. "It's okay" I say and she seems to relax. 

"Is everything alright" the beaver pops his head out from a near by rock. "Yes, just talking" Peter says and the beaver then begins to walk into the snowy icy woods again. "Better left for safer quarters" he says and runs off. 

"He means the trees" Lucy says and I look around that the trees. I began to wonder if everything was alive here and could speak. We all follow into the wintery forrest closely together after the talking beaver following in his small dainty footprints. 

Hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Thank you for reading! Lemme know if you're enjoying it.