The Great War Pt 2

(The Sun is setting on this story) 

"You better come quickly" Edmund says to Peter who immediately gets up and follows taking my hand. 

He leads us to the outside where I see thousands of Telemarine troops file into the fields. Large Catapults sit hundreds of feet high besides them ready to fire at the compound of unsuspecting Narnians. 

"That's your plan? To send a little girl into the deepest darkest part of the forrest alone" Trumpkin argues with Peter. 

"It's our only chance" Peter tries reasoning with Trumpkin almost unsuccessfully. 

"She won't be alone" Susan says and then Trumpkin walks over to Lucy "Haven't enough of us died already?" Then a voice erupts and I turn towards the Narnian. "Nikabrik was my friend too, but he lost hope, Queen Lucy hasn't and neither have I" he says. 

"For Aslan" the others say and Trumpkin steps forward. "Then I'm going with you" he urges and Lucy puts her hand on his shoulder. "We need you here" she says and Peter interjects. "We have to hold them off until Lucy and Susan get back" 

"If I may" Caspian says quietly and we all look at him. 

"Miraz may be a tyrant and a murderer but as king he is subject to traditions and expectations of his people, there is one in particular that may buy us some time" he says and Peter looks towards me and I nod my head sending a signal with my eyes to listen to him. 

Peter walks through the tunnel with Edmund and I on either side. All of our armor shines as we step into the sun. I feel my heavy dress once again weighing on my shoulder never getting use to the weight of the armor built under it. 

Peter walks in front of Miraz as the Narnians yells erupt the field. He turns to me and I quickly kiss him. "I love you" I say and he smiles. I look towards Miraz who laughs under his breath and stands. He takes his sword out and as does Peter. Both gearing up for a fight to the death to see who the true king of Narnia is. 

Their swords collide sending an echo through the battlefield as they both swing back and forth dodging one another and using their shield to hit each other. 

Miraz then hits Peter with his shield sending his helmet off of his head. I can see his bruised face and I fight the urge to cover my eyes not wanting to see him get hurt again. He then cuts Miraz leg and I and the rest of Narnia cheer feeling hopeful. 

Peter then swings but Miraz uses his shield to knock Peter onto the ground He stomps his arm sending a crack from it. I almost reach for my dagger about to send it straight towards his head but Edmund stops me. Peter begins to dodge each move from Miraz and then suddenly knocks Miraz off of his feet. He regains his footing and stands ready again.