Father Christmas

We reach a peak of a mountain and look off towards the land

We reach a peak of a mountain and look off towards the land. Narnia was absolutely beautiful. The snow was cold but it looked like the world was finally starting to wake up and it felt a lot more alive than it did when we had arrived. "Now Aslan's camp is near the stone table." Mr. Beaver says and I look across and see what looks to be a river that was frozen solid. "Its just across the frozen river" Mr. Beaver points towards the ice and Peter looks him strangely "River?" he asks.

"Oh the rivers been frozen for a 100 years." Mrs. Beaver says and I look out across the view. "Its so far" I say and Mrs. Beaver looks at me "It's the world dear did you expect it to be small?" Susan looks over at me and says "Smaller" and starts to walk. I laugh and follow behind her down the steep mountain. 

"Come on Humans while we're still young" Mr. Beaver urges us. We had been walking for what felt like forever. We drag our feet through the cold soft snow. The snow had become less compacted and we were unable to create snowballs anymore. Instead it seemed almost like powder. Lucy Lags behind clearly exhausted from all of the walking we've done. "If he tells us to hurry one more time, I'm gonna turn him into a big fluffy hat" Peter says and lifts Lucy up onto his back and the three of us laugh. "Hurry up come on!" Mr. Beaver urges us again and I can't help but roll my eyes. 

"He is getting a bit bossy isn't he?" Lucy says and I laugh. "No! behind you! its her!" Mr. Beaver screams and I turn behind me to see a large sleigh coming towards us quickly. I grab Susan's hand as Lucy grabs Peter and we quickly try to get off of the wide open snow and into the brush as quick as we can. 

We make it and then Mr. Beaver leads us into a small den. "Inside Now!" he says and we all huddle together into the den going quite waiting to see if the witch is gonna find us. I can feel Peter's warm breath on me and his scent fills my nose. I cant help but breath it in. Snow then drifts off above us and I stop my breathing when I see a large shadow above us. The shadow then leaves and Lucy breaks the silence after a moment. "Maybe she's gone?" she says and Peter then begins to sit up. 

"I should go look." he says and begins to stand and I quickly put my arm on his chest stopping him from even thinking about stepping out of the den. "No you are worth nothing to Narnia if you are dead" and then Mr. Beaver steps out from the den and looks around. We are all silent for a moment and wait for a signal or any type of noise. 

Then Mr. Beavers pops out from the top of the den. "Come here come here I hope you've all been good." he says and we all slowly retreat out from hiding. I look and there is an older man with a long white beard and red button nose. He laughs as we all look at him in shock. 

"Merry Christmas sir" Lucy says and walks towards the man. "It certainly is Lucy" he says and gives a warm smile towards her. "Look I've put up with a lot since we got here... but this?" Susan says to Peter and I. "We thought you were the witch" Peter interrupts Susan and steps forward. 

"Yes, Yes I'm so very sorry about that but in my defense I have been driving one of these a lot longer than the witch." Father Christmas says and points to his sleigh. "I thought there was no Christmas in Narnia?" Susan asks. "No not for a long time, but the hope you have brought, you're majesties, is finally starting to weaken the witches power, but still I dare say you could do with these" Father Christmas says digging through his large sack of toys that takes up almost all of his sleigh. 

"Presents!"  Lucy says excitedly and walks forward towards the large sack full. He then bends down towards Lucy holding a bottle of something. "The juice of the fireflower one drop will cure any injury and though I hope you never have to use it" Father Christmas hands Lucy the bottle and what looks to be a dagger. "Thank you sir" Lucy says and steps back humbly. She shows me her presents excited and I give her a small high five and smile at her. 

"Susan" Father Christmas says holding a bow and arrow. "Trust in this bow it will not easily miss" he says and Susan takes the bow and arrows and feels the ends of the arrows. "What happened to battles are ugly affairs?" she asks and Father Christmas laughs. "Though you don't seem to have a problem making yourself heard, blow on this and help with always come" He then hands her a horn shaped instrument. "Thank you" Susan steps back and that's when I hear my own name. 

"Amelie, you are a lot braver then you think you are." He reaches in and hands me a long strap and I put it over my shoulder. Tons of Knives were neatly tucked into the strap making them easily assessable. I take one from its hold and feel the small knife. I touch the end feeling the sharp tip. It's red handle made it look even deadlier in my grip.  "Your quickness and accuracy will be put to great use in these next coming days." Father Christmas says and then hands me another gift. A small box that looked almost homemade out of oak wood. 

I open the box and there is a long heart shaped locket with a silver thick bracelet to match it. I take out the locket and admire it. "It's beautiful" I say and Father Christmas puts it on me. "These gifts correspond with one another, these are pure magical jewelry and they will always keep two lovers together no matter the circumstance it is up to you who you would like to give that bracelet to." Father Christmas says and winks at me. For a moment Peter shifts next to me. I touch the thick silver bracelet and put it on my own wrist for safe keeping. 

He then goes to Peter. "Peter, the time to use these may be near at hand" He gives Peter a shield with a large lion on the front of it. Peter takes the sword out from its holder and admires it. I could see the light reflect off of the sword and an in scripture on the sword. "Thank you sir" Peter says still in awe of the swords beauty. 

"These are tools, not toys bear them well and wisely, Now I must be off winter is almost over, and things do pile up when you've been gone 100 years. Long Live Aslan and Merry Christmas" Father Christmas says and then rides off in his sleigh disappearing quicker than he came. 

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Lemme know what you think of the story so far! Please comment and vote! Love you!