The Great War

I wake up and look around the tent I share with Lucy and Susan. Their beds lay empty and I reach for my knives just in case. I carefully walk out of the tent and Peter, Edmund and Oreius stand there in a circle deep in conversation. Peter's face looked to be a mixture of shock and sadness. "Is everything okay?" I ask walking to the three. 

"Aslan is dead" Oreius says and I stop and look towards Edmund who nods his head giving me the confirmation that it is true. My stomach felt like it plummeted down into the depths of Narnia's underworld and my palms started to sweat. I could feel myself play with my locket around my neck. My heart begins to race as I realize that the battle is near. I look to Peter and I realize he will have to lead us through The Great War

"Peter, you can do this." I say towards him and send him a small smile trying to keep it together for him and Edmund. He looks to me and then to Edmund. "Okay let's gear up for battle then." he sends me a glance and I could tell he was nervous and still not as confident as he should be. 

I stand on one of the taller cliffs surrounded by the Narnians. My mind begin to wonder as I wait for the white witch and her army. If I die in this battle what does that mean? Will I be sent back to my father or will I just be dead? 

I grip my knives tightly and stand up looking towards Edmund who is on the other cliff. I catch his eye and send him a nod. I then look towards the front of Aslan's army and there Peter is on his horse. I can't help but feel sorry for him. He was to young to be leading an entire army. 

My armor underneath my dress makes me feel ten times more heavy then I am. I look around at everyone else's armor confused how they could even walk with the weight. I then slowly take a dagger from my bundle and keep in the ready stance. 

The Narnians follow my lead gearing themselves up. I realized at that moment that I was there queen. They looked to me and the Pevensie as their leaders. I needed to put on a brave face like Peter. It was a strange feeling, the feeling of someone needing me. I had never had that feeling until I met Peter. It gave me a meaning. 

I then see her. Polar bears pull her carriage and a very large army maybe double ours stands behind her. I suck in my breath fearing that we may very well die and that we failed to lead the Narnians and all of their efforts were in vain. 

Mountain trolls ten times my height bump into each other almost knocking themselves over tripping over their own feet. I imagine for a moment being crushed under their feet and I quickly push the thought out of my head.  Cyclops raise their swords as if they are excited to be fighting in the war. Large beast howl as they walk towards our army as if to intimidate us and I fear that it may work. Large wolves run together like there were anxious to begin immediately and rip all of the army to shreds.