B i l a n g XLIX

From the heart beat, blood smell and the nonchalant tone, its got to be Kale. It is Kale for sure.

"I was in my best behavior." I said, Kale stand behind me. I did not bother to look at him.

"What did you and the Emperor talked about?" He asked gently.

"I threatened him." I giggled and look at him, he's just looking at me, crouching a little. "He asked me to be his woman." I laugh. "He's delusional." I laugh.

"Why'd you threatened him?" He asked. "He might do something against you." His hand landed on my cheeks. "Baka mapabilis buhay non." I smiled with his statement. He just raised his brow before moving away.

"But you know.." I leaned again in the railings facing the huge garden. "I can be an Emperor's woman." Kale look at me so serious that it made me laugh. "Depends on who's the Emperor, ofcourse!" I said. He sighed.

"Alright." He said. He leaned on the railings with his back, he's looking at me.

"You know Kale.." I tap the top rail. "After you conquer the throne, you know it's over." I trailed off.

Why I'm here staying at this place is because of revenge. I and Iñigo's promise to take revenge on the royalties.

If that promise wasn't made, I'm probably not standing here with Kale.

Kale didn't answer so I continue.

"It's all up to you now Kale." I smiled at him.

"Th.." He paused. His jaw clenched as he watch my face.

Kale is testing the water. I smiled at him. He's trying his best not to make mistake infront of me.

"Anything Kale." I said. I look at his trembling hand resting in the top rail. "If you plan to marry Princess Anisa or anyone.. you can--"

"That won't happen."

Then say it Kale, why do have to be scared?

When the Emperor said that Kale is just with me now but he can have any woman he wish and throw me away, I didn't believe it.

Ang mga bagay na ganoon ay hindi pinagtutuonan ng pansin.

Just look at Kale, despite of being a human, he is the only person I believe in. I trust Kale as I trust myself.. only Kale.

I'm so sure about Kale.

His heartbeat.

I smiled at Kale, he's really trying his best not to make mistake.

"No matter what your plan is, I'll be by your side Kale." I assure him.

"Then please stay with me--" He paused. I noticed that his hand has been holding strands of my hair. "Heriotza, I will shackle you."

I do not like the idea of shackle, I've walk and run with a shackle on my feet just to escape those wizard.

Even the church people has given me a shackle once.

"Oh no." I whispered. "You're nothing but those wizards." I said.

"My shackles are different Heriotza, it's responsibilities. I hope you prepare yourself." He gave a kiss to my hair.

His eyes, his diamond blue eyes gave me chills.

"I don't like the idea of that." I whispered. The thumping on my chest is something.

If I were a human I would say I'm scared of Kale's gaze..

"Will you never leave my side then?" He asked. Now his hand is on my cheek.

"I've told you. After you succeed in conquering the throne, everything is up to you. Wether you throw me away or leave me in a room where only you can access.". I chuckled.

"It's as the same as giving you shackles Heriotza."

I laugh. I said that because I know you won't do such things.

"Then please sit besides me.. on the throne." He said.

We're really talking as if the possibility of losing on this war isn't possible.

"If you wish."

It's really up to Kale now.

My eyes shut on its own when Kale move to give me a forehead kiss.

Kale is just a human..

The night I've tried so hard to save Iñigo flash on my head.

I've lived along life and me dying is impossible. But Kale is just a human, even though Kale is immune to poison, and only I can beat his swordmanship, Kale is still a human. I made sure he'll die of old age.

Everyone in the Simouniés duchy is bound to die.

The only thing I can do to prevent their early death.

I wish to live a long life with Kale, I wish him the long life with me.

If the day comes that Kale is to die, I will try--no do my best to save him once again, even if it costs me centuries of sleep. Although it might be impossible for me to meet him after that sleep.

"Oh.." His both hands are holding my cheek. "I love.. you." Kale is really testing the water.

My chest is thumping so hard that it's painful.

I smiled at him. I shut my eyes and felt my chest.

I nodded while smiling before opening my eyes.

"You know Kale.. I made a heart for you." Only for Kale.

It seems like he didn't understand what I meant.

I held him on his cheeks, I tiptoe and gave him a peck on his lips. I was ready to pull away when his push my face onto his.

He gave me a passionate kiss I do not dare to describe..

I gigled when he pulled away, but our body met. The warm of his body, the heartbeat on his chest..

This is what the humans called hug.

"I love you.. I do really Heriotza." He whispered. "I suffer everytime you are out of sight, do not sleep again. If you are going to slumber, please do it besides me."

••