B i l a n g XLIII

The explosion from the fireworks were loud and bright but its no much from Jiosef's expression. It's so much.. it's too much.

"Answer me, what is Diwata?" I asked. He's still cornering me.

He looked at me and snicker, followed by a sarcastic laugh.

"You wanna know?" He asked. He pulled back and turn away. "You knowing nothing about yourself can be my revenge right?" He asked and look me. "I know so much about you.. I was willing to do anything for you. But what have you done?" He asked, he wanted to sound sarcastic but something is much more in his tone.

Pain.

Human pain.

"Your feelings were shallow. I just gave it back to you so you will know it is." I said.

Humans are so simple. Like Iñigo, he thought he like me and ask my hand immediately, but he's so young then. What does he know. Same goes for this human infront of me.

What does he know.

"Wrong. Unlike you Heri, I know myself well." He said proudly. He's looking at me straight in the eyes.

The explosions behind him gave him a dramatic light.

"I would choose you over the Empire I was born for with only a word from you."

The wind blew my hair.

I tilt my head.

"You will?" I laugh. Laugh and laugh.

Funny.

My chest keeps tightening.

"You're a human.. at isa kang Royal blood. What makes you think I will command you to ruin your own Empire?"

"That's the problem.. you already set your eyes to Triton.. so what's the point of loving you?" He laugh.

I stopped.

Ofcourse I've set my eyes on Kale. I made him.

He said he won't speak about diwata with me as his revenge. Do I have to torture him?

I look at him, he look away.

"The diwata on the book wasn't this cruel.." He whispered. I watch him, I watch how his hair dance with the wind. The explosions stopped. No more bright fireworks. "It was gentle.. even on my grandfather's diary.." He look at me.

He's probably referring to mother.

"But Heri here is just so cruel.." He smile a little. "Still.. pretty." He said and started to walk away. "Hope you enjoy the night Heri." He said before opening the balcony door and leaving.

This is not what I expected on a fiestang baryo.

Jiosef's expressions are just too much. How can a mere human do that.

But whatever he says I will not change my mind. I will trample those Royal blood, and he is not an exception.

I let him go today.. but who knows.

I leaned on the railing and watch the people underneath. Nabawasan na ang tao, hindi na katulad kanina na crowded.

I look at a familiar human, she's wearing an eyepatch.

I sighed before deciding to leave.

I opened my eyes and saw Kale. I teleported to his room. He's reading with his eyeglass, he looked at me before closing the book.

"Did you enjoy the fiesta?" He asked and tap sa space on the bed besides him. "You should've let me come with you." He said.

I didn't answer but instead, I lie to the space besides him.

"Tell me about your night. I can hear the fireworks here." He raised one of his brows. His hair is down, it's long enough to be place behind his ear. "Did you enjoy?" He asked. I sighed.

"I met Jiosef." I whispered.

"Jiosef?" He asked in so much art.

"The crown Prince."

"So you went there alone to meet him?" He asked, I just noticed that his hand is supporting his head while he is lying besides me. He's watching me with his brows raised. "You two call each other's nickname pa." He smirk at me mockingly. "You two must be close."

Kumunot noo ako at ginaya ang pwesto niya. We're now facing each other.

"We don't call each other by nicknames but I believe we are closer than anyone you can name in this Empire Kale." I said. His lips move before forcing his brow to connect with each other again. I laugh. "You even saw me naked.. more on, you saw my real form." I whispered.

He didn't answer, he's just look at my face slowly looking at my lips.

Unknowingly, I lick my lips. His eye went to my eyes. He really likes connecting his brow.

"Tell me more about your day." He said. I told him what happened at the fiestang baryo, I told Kale the content of my conversation with Jiosef.

While telling stories, I can hear him say..

"Hmm.."

"What else?"

Sometimes he will say his opinion. "Diwata?" He asked. "He knows that your origin is a diwata? I thought he only knows that you are capable to erase memories." He said. Something is running on his pretty little head.

"He said that I'm a diwata and diwatas are gentle species." I laugh while watching his reaction. He doesn't look shock about my origin.

"Do you wanna know about you origin Heriotza?" He asked playing with my hair.

"You know something?" The way he talk, I know he knows something and he is not telling me what it is.

He jusy nodded with my question.

"I'm trying to understand so I can explain it better to you, but if you want to know it by the book.. I cannot give you the book." He said in a low tone. "Apologies.." He met my eyes.

I smiled at him.

"It's alright Kale, you can explain me later." I said.

I know for sure, Kale is hiding something. I don't want to force him.

I don't know when it started but there's something in Kale that is more scary than the beast I created..

I know he scared of me but there's something in him that he isn't aware of.

Didn't he told me he'll put shackles on me?

I smiled at him.

I choose to stay with Kale, doubt is the last thing I want to have towards Kale, even if he's a human..

"Are all diwatas glorious like me?" I asked.

"The book has only written two diwata in the Empire." He whispered in his hoarse voice.

"It's probably mother." I answered.

"Can I kiss you?" I look at him.

When I faced him, we're suddenly back to the young Kale asking random questions out of nowhere.

Before I could even answer, I felt his lips on mine. His eyes were open watching my reaction. He pulled back fast.

"Close your eyes Heriotza.." He commanded before closing our lips' distance again. I closed my eyes. I felt his lips move. He's probably smiling.

I open my mouth when I felt his tongue trying to get access.

There something ticklish in my stomach, my chest, there's something knocking on my chest nonstop.

The kiss lasts long.

I pulled back first.

"Let's go to sleep Heriotza, you had a tiring day." He whispered.

I just look at him, at his lips.

When he saw me looking, he licked his lips and chuckle.

"Really?" He said and gave me a forehead kiss. "Good night my paraluman."

••