B i l a n g XXII

I watch how Kale remove his gloves and gave it to the servant. He was too eager to remove his gloves.

"Let's have dinner." I suggest when he's already walking upstairs.

"I have lots of work to do." He said without looking back at me.

I look at Imièlda besides me who's watching us with so much concern.

Ourpa walk towards me to assist me.

"Did you two fight again?" Imièlda asked and went upstairs with me. I shook my head and smile.

"I think he's tired." I said. Imièlda nodded.

"Do you need anything?" I shook my head with Imièlda's question.

"Please give Kale a tea or anything that is easy to eat while he's working." I said before turning in to my bedroom.

Ourpa look at me with a smile.

"I'm also tired. You go back to your room." I said.

"The Crown Prince sent a letter." I look at the table full of letter from the Crown Prince, it's never open. I'm not interested.

I leaned on my bed and shut my eyes.

"You should burn them later." I said. "Anyway." I said. "What happened to the concubines of a fallen household? Why would the knights cut their hair short?" I asked. I can't see how Ourpa reacted.

"Well, they become slaves." She said casually. I nodded with her answer.

"You can now leave." I said. I heard her shut the door and that night I fell asleep with the position that Ourpa left me.

When I opened my eyes next in the morning, I went straight to Kale's bedroom to see if he's already awake but his bed is already clean. I shut the door and went to his office. Did he not went to bed last night?

When I opened the door, Kale is standing on the window looking outside with a cup on his hand.

"You did not sleep last night?" I asked and shut the door. I went to sit on the sofa infront of his desk. "You should go to sleep, you look tired." I look at the fresh flower on the coffee table. I played with it with my point finger. "Do you want me to sing you a song?" When I look at him, he's already sitting on his chair.

"I just have to finish these." He said and start opening pages on his papers.

"Do you think that will help you with succeeding the throne?" I asked. "You're helping those rotten human." I said.

"What do you mean?" He asked sounding sarcastic. "I'm rotten too.." He whispered as he brush his hair with his fingers. "If you have nothing to say, please enjoy yourself without bothering me Heriotza."

My mouth opened wide looking at Kale. Is he the kid years ago?

He grew up rudely. I wonder what happened?

I rolled my eyes before turning away to him.

He's just probably tired.

I, a monster myself gets tired too, he's just a human after all.

When I left his office, I went to the lake to walk around and Ourpa has been following me.

The birds will flock on a certain place as if it's watching me walk passed by them.

I look back at the Manor when I notice a familiar person walking inside the Manor.

"I-iñigo?" I asked and my feet started to walk on its own. "No." I said but my feet's still walking towards them.

The people with the person who look like Iñigo disappeared inside the Manor.

"Who's that?!" I asked Imièlda when I saw her.

"They are visitor of the Young Duke." I look at the servant who's holding a tray and tea set.

"Is that for them?" I asked and immidiately grab the tray. The servant is thinking twice but I'm stronger.

"Heriotza!" Imièlda called me but I didn't listen.

My curiosity is really something. Damn it.

"Follow Heriotza Ourpa!" Imièlda said behind me and when I reached the third floor where Kale's office is.

I saw a unfamiliar man guarding the office. Our eyes met.

He opened the door for me when he saw the tray I'm holding.

"It's been a while Royal Grand Duke Chièste." Kale greeted but his eyes darted to me when I entered. I placed the tray on the coffee table between them.

Ourpa was left outside so all the attention is mine. I bowed a little before moving backwards.

"I see that my nephew has grown up now." The man who looks like Iñigo laughed. "How about marriage to secure your title?" He asked. I stayed standing there listening to their conversation. Glare of Kale is nothing. "You need an heir."

"I don't plan to get married yet Grand Duke." Kale said. The Grand Duke laughed loud.

"I see. You're still young." Kale raised his hand, I walk towards them and pour them a tea. I can feel the eyes of the Duke looking at me. I heard him laugh as he shook his head.

"Did you come here just to ask if I'm getting married?" Kale asked formally.

"No. I just went here on the way to the Royal Palace. Brother has called for me. And I want to see the son of my brother Iñigo."

Kale nodded formally. He has a wall between them even when they are blood related.

"I might visit again." They talk about business for a long time. No trace of greed about the throne.

When the Grand Duke left, the sun is almost setting. Kale look at me as I clean the tea from the coffee table.

"Why is he Chièste?" I asked. I've never seen him before.

"The Emeperor gave him that name along with a title since there cannot be two Simouniès as a Duke, and he's a Grand Duke of the North." Kale said still looking at me. "Aren't you hungry?" He asked and lean on the sofa. "Come here." He said like he is superior. I just look at him before slowly letting go of the tray.

I went to him and lean on his neck. His eyes is close already. I smiled and lick his neck before biting on it.

••