B i l a n g XVI

I look at my reflection while Ourpa is adding a flower above my head. I smiled while looking at myself.

"I look immaculate." I whispered. I saw how Ourpa smile and nodded.

She showed me a grand red dress and I immediately shook my head.

"I want a white one." I whispered.

"But you're going to a banquet hosted by His majety, Heriotza." She said.

"No. I don't like that color."

"It's the same color as your eyes!" She giggled but I shook my head.

"It's like blood." I look at my eyes.

Ourpa was defeated in terms of dress. I'm wearing a long white dress with an off shoulder puffs.

"Your hair is too long Heriotza." She said when she came back to my hair. "Kahit I-bun ko ito, masyadong makapal." She said really looking concern.

"Cut it." I said.

"H-huh?" I just smiled and look at myself again.

"I'll live a long life and it'll probably grow back." I said. "Maybe you can cut it to my waist.." I slowly stop. "It's fine."

Thinking back, I'm going to the banquet. Hosted by the Imperial Family, will they remember a monster a decade ago?

They'll probably think I'm dead or I've aged right?

They don't have any proof that I'm that monster chased by royal wizards.

I smiled and stood up when I saw my hair is done and I still look glorious.

I wish I have seen a mirror before.

I walk out to see Kale and he's already at the living area wearing a formal white clothes, but the different is he's wearing a lion crest and a sash like a knight.

He look at me and tilt his head while anticipating my coming.

I saw Imièlda smiling behind.

"I look too pretty!" I said when I reach him.

"You should behave" He said before offering his arms. I cling onto his arms and wave at Imièlda and Ourpa.

"Bye!" I giggled before leaving the manor.

Kale let me enter the kalesa first before him.

"Just stay besides me. Don't attract any attention." Ngumuso ako kay Kale.

"I'm older than you." I said and look outside the carriage. "Follow my lead.." I said. "Kale." Our eyes met.

We'll be entering the enemy's hideout. I should be careful. As of now, they don't see Kale as their enemy, but they will soon.

For sure, they see Kale as a young and weak Duke that will soon decease, since I heard he never showed up in any occasion.

Why is that?

"What are you looking at?" He asked in almost irritated tone.

"I just notice something." I said. He look at me and raise one of his brow. "You were so adorable when you were younger." I pause.

"You know the word adorable huh?" Sarcasm was very evident on his tone.

I pouted and look at his diamond eyes. His orchid smell is making me thristy.

"Why do you hate me?" I asked.

"Why did you say that?" He asked with his furrowed eyebrows.

I laughed with his reaction.