B i l a n g XLVIII

Even if I don't know how to dance, it is easy to learn if being lead.

There's no mistake taken on the beginning of our dance.

"I'm glad you came." Jiosef smiled at me. I've never seen a smile like this.

Why does it look different?

It was a good smile.

"Ofcourse, Kale said we'll go. He's not like other human who can't keep a single promise." I said. "Kale is a man of his words." I said.

I can feel the gaze behind me. I know Jiosef and I were the center of attraction at the moment but the gaze behind me is different. When we turn around, I confirmed Kale's gaze. Duke Chiéste and his daughter is talking to him but his gaze were fix on me.

When I look above, I saw a throne. There, the proud Emperor is sitting, he's probably watching us.

Jiosef is the Crown Prince and he's dancing with an unknown woman, ofcourse he'll be curious.

"You should focus on your dance with me, everyone is watching." Jiosef got my attention.

Why does he speak so tenderly? Like he forgot his anger on me.

"This is our first and last dance, you should enjoy every bits of it." I said smirking at him.

"Aah, so bad Heri." He said with fun tone. "You didn't know that I can dance with you in my dreams." He said and twirl me. When I face him again, he's smiling sadly.

"What? You're not gonna ask me to choose you over Kale?" I asked. His jaw clench before smiling again.

Stop smiling Jiosef, nothing is fun.

"I know my place, one clear rejection is enough." I chuckle.

This is Jiosef, he was raised to be proud, but I don't feel hostile with his attitude. It's actually good.

I wasn't mistaken when I said Jiosef is brave.

"Who told you to always smile? It's annoying. Were you raised like that too?" I asked. He just nodded.

"Happiness is contagious." His grip on my waist tighten. "But it doesn't work on you." He said and smile, we bowed at each other as the end of the dance.

We exit together and the dance floor was immediately crowded with couples.

I saw Kale trying to get away with the Duke and his daughter together with some crowd.

Must be their only chance to talk to Kale since he doesn't give a fuck to people that's useless to him.

"Do I not have a gift from Heri?" Jiosef asked and grab and flute on the waiting butler with tray of drinks.

"Is dancing with you not enough as a gift?" I asked in sarcasm.

My eyes drifted to the old lady sitting besides the Emperor.

"Well, I expected something other than dance since I was the one who initiated it." Jiosef said.

"Isn't that Ashaana?" I asked.

"Ashaana?" Jiosef asked back. "That's my grandmother, the grand Queen, she gave birth to the Emperor." I nodded. "Have you met her before?" I look at Jiosef and nodded. I smiled at him.

Ashaana didn't really got away from her absurb fate that human believes.

"How about your mother? Where is she?"

Jiosef shrugged.

"I'm a son of an Empress, my mother is from a different country. She came here to have a child for the Emperor so that two Empires are well balance." Jiosef smiled a little. "After giving birth to a Crown Prince, she went back to her home country." He shrugged. "Well she performed her duty well, what else to do in a foreign country?" He laugh.