B i l a n g XII

Was I rejected by a human?

I bit my fingernails and move around the office. This is the Duke's main office at the manor but the Duke is not here after he rejected me!

That kid!

I look at Ourpa.

"Saan siya pupunta?" I asked Ourpa who's standing behind the door.

"The Duke is going to the palace as the Emperor threate--"

"What?"

"Hindi po kasi lumalabas ng manor ang Duke." I bit my lower lip.

Why?

But I have to work on things.

Right!

Before I start with everything, I need to go back to the past. I have to find who poisoned Iñigo ten years ago. That's probably our number one enemy. Pinalagpas ko siya ng sampung taon dahil wala akong lakas.

The first step is to go back to the past.

Umupo ako sa upuan at pumikit ng mariin.

Bakit nilason si Iñigo pati si Kale?

I bit my lower lip.

Were they threatened by Iñigo and Kale's existence?

May kaaway kaya si Iñigo? Surely he has.

"Records before I came here!" I said. "Imièlda!" I shouted Imièlda's name as if she's gonna solve everything. "Call her!"

Ourpa immediately went out and came back with Imièlda.

I smiled at her and cling my arms.

"I need the record of Iñigo before you met me." I said. She look at me curiously. "Or you can tell me he's enemy's--"

"D-don't tell me you're investigating his death?" Her eyes are almost teary. I nodded at her. She smile and a tears fell from her eyes.

I slowly let go of her.

"Why are you crying?" I asked. "Are you hurt?" She shook her head covering her face.

"I-i'll bring records of the manor." She said and turn around. Ourpa look at Imièlda with so much emotions as Imièlda walk passed by her.

"Did I hurt her?" I asked innocently. I look at my fingernails. Did I scratched her?

"My--Heriotza!" Ourpa called me with a teary eyes. "That's tears of joy."

Human cry when they are sad, but they cry in amidst of happiness too?

"You're lying. Go check on her. I must've scratched her." I said and went back to the seat.

Human nature are something I won't be able to understand.

Ourpa nodded before turning away.

Did I hurt a human using these nails?

I bit my lower lip trying to scratch my skin with my fingernails.

I bled. It hurts. Probably why she cried.

My mouth dropped when I saw the servant entering with tower of papers.

"What's that?" I asked.

Imièlda looks fine now, she smiling. I look at her hand but my sight was covered when the tower of paper was placed on the table infront infront of me.

"That's the record of the manor fifteen years ago. And this one.." Another servant enter. "The ledgers." I nodded accepting everything.

I can't believe I'll face paper to find who poisoned Iñigo, but will I really find them using these papers? Nakalahati ko na ang mga papel, I already have suspects but I can't find enough reason for them to poison to death the father and son.

I look at the rising sun on the windows.

I have no clue.

I shut my eyes tightly.

Who wants Iñig--

"Servants!" I yelled. The spy before. Did I killed all of them?

No.. I let someone escape.

Damnit! I almost forgot about her.

The only one I spare that night.

"Flee." I said almost gasping for air. The night's full of blood, I'm losing strength. I want to rest.

"L-lady.."

"Go far far away.. don't come back to them. They'll kill you. Go.. I'll find you." I watch the little girl run, her left eyes can't see, probably the reason why she stumbled. Her maid uniform is filled with her blood.

I sighed.

A decade has already passed. Is she still alive? She should be. She'll be the only one who can answer me.

I sit back on the chair and continue the paper reading. After I finish these, I'll ask for a record book. I need to know what happened on my 10 years of sleep.

I can't go to a war without knowing how to win it.

I sighed.

I'm hungry. When will that kid go back?

"I'm looking for a lady." I said to Imièlda and gave her my sketch of the girl before. "She's probably ten years older in that photo but.." I showed Imièlda my eyes and cover my left eyes. "She has a scar on her left eyes." I said. "I need your son to look for her."

"Amièl is with the Duke."

I nodded.

"Go look for her yourself then."

"H-huh?" She looks startled. I look at her straight in the eyes.

"Iñigo has manage the manor well without a Duchess.." I whispered. "That's thanks to you." I said to her. I've read that the manor is doing fine with Imièlda as the head head.

"T-thank you?" Imièlda looks confused with my sudden compliment.

"So go look for that girl." I said and sit on the chair.

"T-that's not how it works H-heriotza."

"What?" I asked Ourpa.

Lumapit sa akin si Ourpa.

"Compliments after favor." She whispered. "Your compliment is good but your favor is too fast and straight forward."

I look at Ourpa, my brows almost met each other.

"I don't care." I look at Imièlda. "Basta, you have to find that girl immediately. Try gathering the knights."

"We have to have the Duke's permission."

"He's not here."

"He'll be back later. You should eat dinner with him and ask him about this then."

••