Episode 12: Thestrality

CW: Normal and Fantasy Blood Descriptions

Kangal tapped several buttons on a touch-screen keypad on a computerized table, and a floating holographic image of Glickson appeared in front of the gang, Eloma, Krim, and several other ailmaglick soldiers. Just like the general had requested, Team Aurora made their way over to the barracks in one of the far wings of the palace, and were now currently being briefed on the mission ahead.

Kangal (Motioning to the hologram): Now Team Aurora, since you now know about the Astral Trees, I should also have the firm belief that you truly understand the direness of this impending calamity, am I right?

The gang nods.

Bismuth: Of course! We said so as much last night! These trees and their seeds need to be protected, whatever the cost!

Kangal nods in turn.

Kangal: Good.

He taps on the touch-screen in front of him again and slides his finger upwards, causing the image shown in the hologram to change. It now displayed 6 other planets with trees on top of all of them.

Kangal: And in case you don't recall, there are a total of 6 Astral Trees with their own Chroma Seeds spread out on their own planets across the universe.

The gang nods again, letting the entire room know that they understand and/or remember that fact.

Kangal: So far, one of the 6 seeds have been taken from their trees. Causing the fraying of our tree back in the royal conservatory.

The gang frowned as he changed the image to have one of the planets be crossed out.

Kangal: And there's no doubt that the other remaining four are in similar condition, if not worse.

Char: Alright then. So what's the plan? What do you propose we do?

Kangal: What I'm thinking is that as soon as we dig up the records of where these other remaining planets are, we send you and several of our soldiers to them to protect their respective trees. If they're well guarded, then the mastermind of this entire thing won't be able to get to them.

Connie tentatively raised her hand.

Kangal: Yes, Miss Connie?

Connie: Might I suggest something better?

Kangal paused for a moment.

Kangal: Sure, what's your suggestion?

Connie: Maybe instead of guarding the individual seeds, we could retrieve them ourselves, bring them back here, and keep them all in one place under lock-and-key.

Kangal stood up a little straighter, and she winced thinking that he would lash out at her. But instead, he quirked an eyebrow in confusion and concern.

Kangal: And what makes you believe that would be a better plan of action?

Connie began to fumble with her words, not wanting to make the general of the army of this entire planet angry.

Connie: I mean... I just think that it would be easier and less wasteful of resources if we had all the remaining seeds in one place... That way we can keep track of them and keep them better protected from this... "mastermind." We don't have to if you don't want to.

Windra put a hand on her shoulder to steady her. The entire army looked to their general for his answer to this suggestion. And after a moment, he finally answered.

Kangal: If we were to do that, then the trees would weaken once the seeds are fully removed from them. They won't die, but their essence won't be as powerful without the very thing that they had grown from.