Episode 10: Cosmic Creationism

Indicolite makes his way up the stairs of the Gemma Palace and out onto a large outdoor ballroom where a large number of other Crystalites were gathered. A large, colorful banner was hung above the door and Indicolite turned around to read it. It said: "Happy Birthday Steven Universe!!!" and the rest of the ballroom had been decorated with streamers, confetti, and balloons, some of them spelling out the number "18." He smiled and nodded in approval at how much the gang had put forth in putting all of this together. He took his gaze away from the banner and looked back out to the crowd of party-goers. He supposed he shouldn't be surprised, considering this was the first time in about 3 months that Steven had made an actual and official public appearance since he had been put on leave from Team Aurora. With this many people here at this celebration for him, he guessed that they all wanted to see if he was OK. But he wasn't here for him, not entirely anyway, he had come here looking for someone else. And sure enough, he found her, talking with Lapis, Amethyst, Twilight, and a few other members of the team. They were all dressed in semi-formal dresses and outfits. Looking down at his own outfit of a jacket, dress shirt, coat, leggings and shoes, he knew that he made the right call. He strolled up to her and stood behind her. She kept talking while a few of the other members took notice of him but didn't say anything.

Peridot: I don't know why it's taking so long for the fertilizer to arrive. Classes start in about a month and if I want anyone to join the gardening club this year, I need to make sure that the greenhouse is fully stocked for when the students-

She trails off as she notices a few of her friends looking behind her.

Peridot: Umm...

She turns around and finally notices Indicolite, who she found was standing WAY to close for her liking. She yelps and jumps back, prompting him and a few of the other group members to begin laughing. Peridot's cheeks turn a darker shade of green and she stomps her foot on the ground in irritation.

Peridot (Embarrassed): Jeez! How long were you going to stand there before you said anything?! Were you trying to scare me?!

Indicolite: *Chuckles* No, of course not! I just wanted to say hi, and I didn't want to interrupt your conversation.

Peridot crosses her arms and looks away from him.

Peridot (Aloof): Humph! Could've fooled me.

Amethyst: C'mon Peri, you gotta admit. The way you jumped like that was pretty funny.

Peridot scoffs.

Peridot (Indignant): Well you wouldn't be laughing if it happened to YOU.

Amethyst just smiled and rolled her eyes. Sans walked up to Indicolite and patted him on the back.

Sans: But hey! It's good to see ya, bud! Are you all ready for your first year at Harmonic U?

Indicolite: I sure am! I'm just waiting for my schedule to be emailed to me.

Twilight: You should get it in about a couple more weeks. We all really do look forward to having you as a student.

Indicolite: Can't wait! I've been wanting to go since the field trip on that cruise.

Baby: Oh yeah... that...

She rubs the back of her neck awkwardly. Indicolite gives them a thumbs up.

Indicolite: And here's to hoping there's more like it! Anyway, gotta run. I'm gonna see if I can find Steven and check in with him.

Lapis: OK then. Just be cautious, alright? He IS basically still on leave.

Indicolite blinked.

Indicolite (Slowly): Ummm..... O... kay then...

A smile then returns to his face.