thirty four

July 17th: Belgian Grand Prix

————————————————————————
formulaone:

liked by 56,783,923 peopleformulaone: after cryptic instagram posts this week it seems we have a new Ferrari fan on the grid as Quinn Carter attends the Belgian Grand Prix in red showing her support for an unexpected team?

formulaone: after cryptic instagram posts this week it seems we have a new Ferrari fan on the grid as Quinn Carter attends the Belgian Grand Prix in red showing her support for an unexpected team?

comments:

user83: if they're dating I'm jumping off a bridge

random932: CUTE

redbullracing: 🤢
________________________________

"So Quinn you're here for the Grand Prix, will you be racing today or are you in attendance for a certain someone?" A reporter asked as I walked through the fan forum area towards the paddocks.

I smiled at her, to be honest I had missed racing so much that when Charles asked me to go with him it wasn't even up for debate, "Unfortunately no, I'm not racing today just here to support everyone."

"Supporting anyone in particular? A week ago you posted quite a cryptic Instagram about a certain someone on the grid, can you reveal the relationship status there?" She asked as we kept on walking onwards, the camera following her.

"Did I?" I asked her, turning to face her as she clearly wasn't going to leave me alone and I didn't fancy her following me to the Ferrari paddock.

"Yep! The same someone you were seen kissing in Greece." She told me as she laughed a little at my shocked expression, i held my head in my hands. I didn't realise photos got out.

"Hm interesting." I awkwardly smiled.

She nodded, she'd understood that I wasn't going to accept or deny anything, "So despite that, how have you been? We haven't seen you at the track since Mexico and I have to say the sport hasn't been the same without you in it. Is there a chance you will come back at all?"

"You know some time away has been good for me, I think I definitely needed it, Mexico was just..yeah," I paused looking at charles, "The support has been really amazing, I feel more motivated than ever."

For the first time ever, I didn't feel like I had to race, like I had to earn money for my parents because they had the money from Charles. Money they had since acknowledged and refused to use, but still they had it at their disposal.

I felt like I could chose to race, the pressure taken off of my shoulders.

She nodded but asked again, "So 2025 return?" 

I shrugged, "I don't actually know, there's no way of getting a championship now as my points get taken away when I've left or quit so I'm back to zero, I'm not sure I can beat Hamilton, Verstappen or Leclerc with that little races left. I will most definitely be back on that track ready for 2025."

During my break I'd bought my family a house, only a stone throw from mine, it was beautiful and modern, as soon as my siblings saw it I knew my parents wouldn't refuse. I'd never seen Elodie so wide eyed, Hugo audibly gasped.

She shook her head,  getting a note pad out of her pocket, "We've calculated that if you win every single Grand Prix from today and Hamilton gets less than fifth in six of them, Verstappen gets fourth in nine and Leclerc fifth in six you could actually win a world championship."

"Mate, I'm supposed to be on a break." Daniel spoke as he shoved his face as close up to the camera as possible, "Petition to get Quinn back in red bull asap."

"Someone's sick of racing?" I laughed at him as the interviewer also chuckled, "I'm simply keeping your seat warm." He told me in reply before going to the red bull paddock where he'd race in my place.

He'd personally come down to Monaco to apologise to me, the fact he'd pushed me to race for red bull and promised me it would be a good experience, I love Daniel with my whole heart.

"Well I won't keep you, thank you so much for this interview, all of the girls out there are behind you." She smiled as I thanked her and walked down to the paddocks.

————

"Fred you know Quinn, do you mind if she stays here with you during the race?" Charles asked him as he pulled on his helmet, I didn't go to quali yesterday because I wasn't sure how I'd cope but I was also desperate to watch Charles win.

"Of course!" Fred beamed, if I didn't know what he was doing I would almost think he was sweet, sick fuck. "Actually I've been meaning to speak to you Quinn." He started, Charles raised a brow and walked to the drivers room so that he wouldn't listen, Fred asked for privacy.

I'm not sure I want to be alone with you.

"So," he started, sitting down "Watching everything back in Mexico, I'm really sorry about all of that at red bull."

"Mhm." I nodded awkwardly.

He crossed his arms, "But know that wouldn't happen at Ferrari, you want to go crazy you could, you want to wear what you want, you could. You want to cuss you could. You want that attitude, you could have it. We would never let that happen, you should never have to change yourself for a sport."

"Hurry up."

"Twenty twenty five, Charles' contract is up in December and we could do with a change of drivers, you're an incredible driver, you have more talent than I've seen in decades," he complimented, "We want you here at Ferrari."

you want to get rid of Charles?

I was shocked, "You want to kick Charles?.. He might win a championship this season? That's ridiculous."

"Keep your voice down," he demanded leaning forward, "He might win a championship, might, you're going to win hundreds. So what are your thoughts?"

"To be honest," I lowered my voice "I don't fancy a team principle that drugs me when they feel threatened by others, or one that hates on red bull on the daily."

His eyes went wide, the mechanics didn't hear me but Fred was extremely nervous that they would "I- what?"

"Quinn what the fuck are you doing in there?," Max asked, "I mean obviously not your boyfriend."

Fred whispered to himself, "Boyfriend?"

"I was just talking to the biggest asshole ever." I smiled at Max, walking out the Ferrari paddock with a wave to Fred, yeah I'm petty like that.

"Well you're not explaining what he did, what's up?" Max asked as he harshly looked at Fred before walking with me to red bull, apparently Christian was looking for me.

"He just breathes that's it, I'm not coming back until that man's gone."

Max laughed, "Ah I missed you."

————————————————————————
Twitter:

quinncarter: that's it i'm going rogue

________________________________