six

————————————————————————
Twitter:
Danielricciardo: max needed to be humbled and the universe sent the meanest twenty year old to do it.

➡️quinncarter: fuck yeah
________________________________

The trainer wasn't going easy on us today, red bull racing needed another championship win and they would get it one way or another even if it meant physically torturing the drivers themselves, "Ten minute sprint starting... now."

I scowled, I don't have a short temper but rather a quick reaction to bull shit and honestly all this running wasn't going to improve much, "I've never trained this much in my life." I groaned as I held my side, running alongside Max.

The trainer David raised his brows, "If you're talking you aren't working hard enough, step it up."

Max chuckled as I continued to pant, practically dying on the treadmill beside him, apparently I provided the entertainment when we were at the gym, "Welcome to formula one."

Air was being pulled out of my airways at an increasing rate as I continued to push myself, we'd been working out for two hours and I was dripping in sweat, "Please give me a break David, I'm getting old."

"The faster you run the faster it's done." David shrugged, easy for him to say, he was just stood watching us whilst drinking a icy bottled water that I would do just about anything for in this moment of time.

"Some encouragement would be nice David, if that's not too much to ask." I chuckled, dropping my phone onto the floor as the sweat from my palms made it lose.

David sighed, placing his hands on his hips as he looked at me, max snickering next to me, "Jesus and I thought max was needy." I wanted to laugh but just rolled my eyes and continued the run, thankfully I was almost done.

"Can you grab my phone for me at least?" I asked trying to lean over the front of the treadmill without losing balance, "I think you've shattered it." Max agreed as he also peered over to it.

David was firm, "More talking more walking."

The puns.

I sighed, looking over at it, "I'm going to a dinner tonight, I really can't have a cracked phone. I need to call people and check times and-

"Quinn?"

I turned around slowly, just so that I wouldn't come flying off the device and embarrass myself as I did frequently, "Charles? What are you doing here?"

Slowing the machine right down but refusing to get off of it he wandered closer, "You called."

I was just as confused as he was, Max' brows are raised also, as far as he's aware we absolutely hate each other and he's damn right about it, "Um no, no I didn't."

Charles got closer again, lifting his phone to show a call from me six minutes ago, my contact name still having the little star next to it, David shook his head "Quinn if you've been calling away during this rep you're doing it again three more times."

"My phones on the floor, has been for the last ten minutes." I argued, stopping the exercise completely, what was David going to do? I picked up the phone and held it up, glass shards flying off onto the ground, it was ruined.

Charles started, "Oh I thought,oh  I don't know that you needed help or something- clearly you don't or maybe you do, seem rather sweaty."

He just had to go there, "Fuck off alright." Max told him, suddenly becoming slightly protective of me as his teammate, clearly he didn't know how bad me and Charles argued being called sweaty was a compliment compared to what else I've been called.

"It's all good." Charles held his hands up, I think he's intimidated by max despite us racing against him a bit in childhood, they'd never really seen eye to eye.

I could tear him apart if I wanted too.

As Charles turned away, I couldn't help but comment, "You got here pretty fast."

He simply shrugged, "I drive fast, a Ferrari win is coming my way in Bahrain." I know he drives fast, of course he does but the fact he somehow knew where I was, and that he was clearly concerned enough to check in?

After all this time?

I nodded, sarcasm is my body's natural defence against stupidity, "Oh yeah sure." We're heading to Bahrain tomorrow for a media day, much to my disliking but I was happy to get a feel for the track.

"Glad you know." He smiled, and then the bastard winked at me earning an audible gagging noise from both max and I as he walked away, he'd driven to the gym just to check on me.

"You know, I hope karma slaps him in the face before I do." Max commented, getting off the treadmill too as David had given up with the pair of us, refusing to do the workout.

I gave him a sigh, "I'm afraid slapping him would be considered animal abuse." I grabbed a towel from the side, wiping my forehead with it and drinking the icy water I'd put down earlier.

Max snorted, finding our arguing funny, expect when he saw it for himself "I don't understand, you two were inseparable all through childhood."

"Mhm yeah hated your ass, anyway I need to head out," I admired the state of my phone "I'll see you tomorrow?"

He nodded, waving goodbye as I spoke, "Yeah, yeah see you then."

I walked out of the gym sweat forming in places I didn't know could sweat, I was disgusting, wiping my forehead with my arm I heard him ask, "Are you going to mamans dinner tonight?"

Charles still hadn't left, it's as if he was waiting for me to be without max to talk to me, "If that's the reason you came down here today you need to get a grip."

He ignored it, "Well are you? I need to know."

I sighed, opening the door to the gym and walking out to the car park, "Does it matter? Everyone and their dog is going to this aren't they? Kika, Pierre, your brothers, my siblings, my maman and papa-

"So you are going?" He asked once again.

I nodded, "Yes, you know I love Pascale, my entire family love her, you on the other hand not so much."

"They tell me otherwise, they constantly ask when I'm heading over to see them again." Charles commented, he was in contact with my family more than he was with me.

"They would think otherwise if they knew what you did," I climbed into my car "What you did to them."

People can do worse things than kill

"My mother would think otherwise about having you to her house if she knew what you'd said," He shook his head "and maybe I'd rather it that way since clearly you haven't changed."

My response to that was simply slamming the door shut and driving home, to my own house that I'd purchased within the last couple of months, I needed to call Kika.

————————————————————————
quinncarter:

liked by 13,456,729 peoplequinncarter: 🖕

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

liked by 13,456,729 people
quinncarter: 🖕

comments disabled
________________________________

annihilation (Charles Leclerc) जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें