one

December 1st 2023
________________________________
quinncarter:

liked by 13,456,237 peoplequinncarter: scoping out the competition

quinncarter: scoping out the competition

comments:

redbullracing: welcome to the team 💙

francisca.cgomes: proud proud proud 🥹

username92: SHUT UP
________________________________
February 28th

One of the many men in the crowd, held the microphone close to his mouth as he asked, "So Quinn you've received quite mixed reactions since announcing that you're racing for red bull in place of Daniel Riccardio, what are your thoughts on that?"

"Unfortunately for everybody else I'm going to keep doing what I want, if I want to race for red bull I'm going to do it," I smiled "And win."

Charles scowled from the seat over from me, today was the first media day of the season and we were doing the press conference with a driver from each team, much my disappointment they had to pick him over Carlos Sainz.

I hate him, with every fibre of my being I hate Charles Leclerc, with all of his sarcastic comments and that devilish grin. I hate the way he has never addressed me politely, or at all for that matter in recent events. I can't stand anything about that man.

"Something you'd like to add Charles?" I asked him, hoping that it would make him uncomfortable and regret scowling through my questions.

I could simmer myself down but I like myself better when I'm all fiesty and shit.

He lifted the microphone to his mouth, ready to reply "If you want my opinion-

"I don't," I shook my head "I have my own thanks."

"You thanked me?" He paused "You have manners?" He acted baffled, forcing me to roll my eyes as Lando changed the subject quickly, making sure that the press would leave our rivalry alone, which they never did.

The guy continued to ask his final question, "I have another question for Quinn, it's been said that you cause a lot of drama on and off the track, can you confirm that at all?"

"I can answer that one," Lewis offered, nodding I allowed him to reply "The only drama that Quinn causes off of the track is intimidation, everyone is intimidated by her but the media are trying to spin this narrative that because she's a woman-

"And you're not worried about intimidating the guys?" The man asked, interrupting sir Lewis Hamilton, speaking into the microphone still, despite the fact his turn was long overdue.

I almost laughed, key word almost, "Of course I am not worried about intimidating the boys, they wouldn't worry about intimidating me so why should I?"

"I have to disagree with you there Lewis, I don't think it's even intimidation that she brings to the track," Charles argued he'd completely ignored me, "I mean she's a rookie."

"Yeah she's a rookie but she brings the sex appeal." Daniel chuckled, making me laugh as that had no correlation to the topic whatsoever, also, he wasn't even driving this season which was extremely unfortunate. Daniel Riccardio is one of my best friends and when I had the offer of driving in his place, after his recommendation of course I was willing.

He was only at the conference because the first race of the season was approaching us in days and it was in his own home country, Australia, "You know Danny, it's okay to be obsessed with me this is a safe space." I replied jokingly, forcing some laughter out of him too, I was beyond grateful he was here for my first round of interviews to help me.

As the conversation vastly went off track, I couldn't help but feel the anger rising inside of me every time I looked at Charles, "So Charles we've seen some battling between you and miss Carter for many years, is this season going to be the same?" A woman asked him as she held the microphone to her mouth.

"I mean, the past is the past for a reason I've gotten better since those days, her on the overhand who knows, but I'm planning on a win this season so I doubt it." He confidently spoke, everyone has so many misconceptions about this man.

he does know I'm the two times formula 2 world champion right?

The woman turned to me, signalling she wanted my response,"In his shitty Ferrari, no, we won't be battling at all, I'll be flying on past for the victory every time."

It was kind of me to even blame his badness on the car, but he still had to go there, he simply sighed "Women shouldn't cuss."

I knew the rest of the drivers were getting sick of our antics already and my contract was signed for four years, "Get fucked." I replied simply placing my microphone on my lap.

"Personally it's my dream to battle with Quinn, I mean her races in formula two were insane and it could be some real fun." Lance added, trying to shift the conversation which many of the drivers had to do repeatedly.

I smiled at him grateful he could turn it around, I already seemed unprofessional but everyone expected this due to my reputation in formula two last year, "You're on Stroll."

"So Quinn you think the car has potential this year?" The woman asked her final question as she passed the microphone on to the next person, waiting for me to reply.

As I was new to the grid I was receiving the most questions, which was annoying Charles immensely, he's so self obsessed he could talk about himself for days, "I mean practice has been great, this season they've opted for a low downforce gear wing but a single element lower beam wing and I think it was a great decision, we're faster than ever and ready to go."

Charles mouthed over to me, suddenly cautious that his image may have been tarnished with one press conference alone, "Don't act like you know what you're talking about." Was all that he said, he'd always seemed so conscious and kind, down to earth even to the public.

Unfortunately I knew the real him, after many years of racing besides each other and many years of me beating him, though he says otherwise, especially after being best friends for years, but recently we'd come to the newest conclusion, we hated each other.