twenty seven

————————————————————————
Twitter:

charlesleclerc: you're going to hear me saying "kachow" during the race, don't mind me it's just to make Quinn happy

➡️danielriccardio: lightning mcqueen? real.

➡️Pierregasly: someone's in love
________________________________
28th May: British Grand Prix

Qualifying was horrendous yesterday, the team had delayed it for a whole forty minutes whilst we tried to get the paint off of the car which proved unsuccessful, so I drove it with the words all over it.

I placed fifth on the grid which we are going to blame on the fact my eyes were literally stinging due to the amount of tears I'd mustered up out of nowhere, I really am a great actress.

"Well I'm sure you were a little sad, no? I mean it made me sad watching you like that." Charles spoke as we sat in catering together grabbing more water.

"I mean yeah but I was more angry, I wanted to hit someone or something." I explained which was why the person vandalised my car in the first place, someone wanted me to look bad and go crazy so the FIA would kick me out.

Though it worked in my favour, everyone was feeling bad for me online and I'd received an abundance of flowers and kind hearted words this morning, especially after the success which was the F1 academy launch.

"So if you're not sad then why am I going out there and saying kachow?" Charles laughed, Elodie always used to tell me that Charles reminded her of lightning McQueen and honestly I understood it.

"Because it will make me happy." I shrugged, playing with my rings on my fingers. Today we'd managed to get a replacement car in so that I had a clean one, but I still had a lot of positions to climb for pole.

"I think a hug would make you happy." He commented, I audibly gagged at the cringe as he got up to hug me.

"Hm nope." I told him as I got up from the table to run away, but he grabbed me quicker than anticipated, "Why don't you ever fucking listen?" I grumbled as his lips moved past my hair and his arms wrapped around me.

"Because sometimes people don't know how to ask for what they really need. You needed a hug."

"No I didn't," I rasped, I was quiet for a long moment, and I listened to his heartbeat "I needed you."

"Um sorry to interrupt," a red bull engineer said as he walked over "Christian wanted me to alert you of a ten place grid penalty for today."

I pushed Charles away and walked closer to the man, "You're fucking joking."

He shook his head, he appeared serious which made me feel worse, "Unfortunately not, the FIA put you under investigation after the qualifying yesterday. Granted it wasn't your best driving but yeah, ten place grid penalty."

"What did she do for that?" Charles asked, he was confused also. It seemed the FIA were just out to get me at this point.

The man shrugged unsure himself, "Failure to slow under a red flag apparently."

The normal penalty for failure to slow under red flags is 10 grid positions, however in view of the mitigating circumstance, a lower penalty is appropriate, "When was the last time they did ten places for that? Isn't it like three?"

"Usually yes, we are requesting appeal but if we don't hear from them within the hour you're starting from fifteenth." He awkwardly told me before walking away and back to working, Christian would have told me himself but he was probably scared I'd cuss him out or hit him.

And last I remembered the red flag was a mistake, they were meant to use a yellow so no body actually stopped racing??

Despite what everyone says, I'm not going soft.

"I'm sorry I need to go to the paddock- this can't be right. I don't even know what they're on about?" I told Charles, genuinely I had no idea what he was on about.

He shook his head understanding "No, go ahead, want to hang out later?"

"As in...like a date?"

He nodded awkwardly, I nodded back, "Yeah I'm down, if you're okay with going on a date with a P15 kind of girl." He laughed back as I headed to the paddock, we needed to sort this out.

"Christian," I spoke loudly, "What the fuck?"

"Don't go crazy on me now, cameras are everywhere Quinn," he shushed "Everywhere."

I shrugged, keeping my voice raised still, "I don't give a fuck, what is this about a ten place grid penalty? I didn't do anything wrong yesterday?"

"No you didn't but if you keep shouting they'll have you done for assault or something so quiet down." He demanded, rolling my eyes I stood back from him to hear what he had to say.

"Nah man because I don't understand why they have given you that, there was no red flag." Daniel added, he'd come to the race today to watch from the garage.

I had a theory that Christian called him down because they thought I wouldn't get in the car after yesterday and the dreadful vandalism, he thought they'd need a reserve in.

"Exactly." I agreed with him, we were both quizzing Christian as if he had anything to do with it.

He sighed, "We've sent an appeal, we don't think you've done anything wrong. We reviewed it over and over and we don't agree with the FIA, now relax."

"I can't relax, they're out to get me." I told him, honestly they must've been trying to send me over the edge because it was working.

Daniel shrugged and offered his thoughts, "I think if you explained the drug use it would go away, people are still salty over that."

"Potentially." I agreed.

Christian nodded, "But someone refuses to acknowledge that Daniel, she's got claims and no evidence. No offence Quinn."

I stuck my middle finger up at him, before he grabbed my hand and pulled it down before any interviewers/ fans or cameras saw it and would accuse me of abuse or something of that magnitude.

Fuck everyone.

————————————————————————
Twitter:

Quinncarter: if the fia regulations only use "he" why am I still getting penalties? I'm not breaking any rules am I
________________________________