CHAPTER FIVE

FREEN'S POV

It feels like my body has been crushed into so many pieces, my head hurts and I don't even have the power to open my eyes. After some tries that were pretty much unsuccessful, I gave up.

It wasn't the first time I gave up on things.

I felt someone hold my hand, I don't know how long has it been since I felt someone's touch. Their fingers felt smooth and soft and even before I could do anything, my fingers moved on their own will.

Did they feel the same thing as me ?

" Freen "

Oh even her voice is soothing for me.

I wanted to give her a reply, I wanted to say something but my body felt exhausted and it fell into deep slumber and just like that I lost my ability to sense the world once again.

* Glass shattered *

Someone disturbed my perfect sleep once again, oh was that a crying sound. My eyes moved towards it, so now they are finally giving in ?!

" Freen did you just move your finger ". I have heard that voice before so many times but still I am not able to fully recognize it.

Oh is it Nam ?

Lights in this room are so bright it almost hurts, weird it didn't feel like this before.

" Freen did you just open your eyes ? ".

Huh did I open my eyes ?

Oh Nam why are you crying right now. There was a lot was of background noise or maybe I got used to the emptiness I felt lying peacefully for so long.

" Nam....". I finally croaked these words out, strange happiness was undeniable in that moment. I tried looking around but everything seemed so bright and eyes were having a trouble adjusting to it. I felt someone was staring at me intently but I didn't bother to look around.

" Where am I ? ". It feels nice to talk again, seemed like I forgot how I used to talk.

" What happened ? ". when I finally registered the immense pain in my body, I couldn't help but ask.

" Miss Sarocha, can you hear me ? ". I couldn't speak so I just nodded my head, why does this feel like being in a whole another world right now.

" Good ! you got into an accident about three weeks go. You are in a hospital ". Is that the person from before, the one who touched my hand before.

" Three weeks ? ". I am not sure if I heard that right or not ?

" It's okay you are safe don't worry ". The woman patted my head and then adjusted my bed, oh it is good now the lights from above won't turn me blind. Before I could finally register my surroundings the woman had already left.

" Freen, I am really angry at you ". Nam said sniffing, it doesn't seem like you are angry though, right ?!.

I tried to hold her hand but it was difficult to move my hand, I tried and reached my fingers towards her after she got the idea, she held my hand.

" You bastard, who told you to drive like that, huh ?. You scared the shit out of me, I thought you were not going to wake up ". Oh now she seemed angry, I didn't try to reason with her because it looks like all of this was my fault so I let her scold me.

I smiled looking at my best friend who was worried about me.

" Shh... it is okay I am good now ". I tried consoling her, I was finally coming to the terms that life let me down again.