Chapter 15: Friends To Lovers

Goku quickly checked on Usagi. He was worried about her behaviors like this. However, he didn't want Usagi to go through this like she was in the hellhole just now. Not only did he know that he didn't want her life to be ruined, but it was all thanks to Chichi and Mamoru for the two-timing. He hated seeing Usagi seeing like this, angry and dismayed.

When he went to the lake house, he knew she wasn't there. He couldn't sense the unborn baby's ki. He needed to find her and make sure she was afraid. We all know Goku has been through a lot of pain because of Chichi, but he was angry at them for the affair they had. Not only was he angry at Chichi for using him for their marriage.

To be honest, if she may want to trick Goku into marrying her, then it would be bad news, and his life will be horrible without him noticing Chichi's cheating.

Suddenly, he finally sensed the baby's ki and finally knew where Usagi went. He figured she was having a sick problem during her pregnancy. As he followed the trail of the ki, he caught Usagi throwing up beside the tree. When she was done, Usagi started to cry more, feeling hurt a lot. He could tell she had put up a fight with Chichi before she could throw up for pushing herself too far.

"Usagi, are you okay? You scared me!" Goku said as he ran up to her and hugged her. He was so worried about what would happen next after Usagi had taken off running away without saying goodbye.

"I'm fine, Goku. I am just glad I didn't marry that bastard who likes to use women for his attention." Usagi said as she showed him a fake smile.

"Usagi, why are you acting like this?" Goku asked, scared to see Usagi looking insane. He was scared that she might want to hurt herself as much as she wanted to hurt the baby. He knew this wasn't true. She would never hurt the baby. He needed to help her out by moving forward. Goku had moved forward, no longer feeling heartbroken but only concerned about Usagi's well-being.

"From now on, I'm going to stay away from Mamoru and Chichi as possible, so Mamoru doesn't deserve to know that I'm pregnant with Chibiusa or Chibi-Goku," Usagi said.

"Well, if you're willing to accept our help, we'd be happy to take care of you and the baby as well. I don't want you to get yourself or the baby hurt. I'm worried something might happen to you, so why don't you worry about healing first and about making things alright for Bulma and the others?" Goku said, worried.

"The funny thing is... breaking up with Mamoru doesn't hurt as much as I thought it would, and I am so glad I got out of the chain. I needed to give birth first and then take Chibiusa with me as far away from Mamo as I could. He still doesn't know that I'm still pregnant, so I'm happy that I didn't tell him that."

"Usagi, please don't..." Goku begged, with tears in his eyes, "I couldn't take it if you suddenly decide to get back together with Mamo and tell him that you're pregnant with Chibiusa or Chibi-Goku. Those people needed you, Usagi. If you and the baby leave them behind, things will get worse. We need you. I need you... to be safe."

Usagi nodded, "You're right... If I ever did want to leave, they'll miss me so badly. If I stay with you and the others, I need your help to raise the baby. Without a father, she or he won't know who the father is."

"Usagi, I..." Goku managed to speak this as he wanted to fix this for Usagi. It was then he came up with an idea as he smiled a bit at her, "Usagi... you can tell the others I'm the father if you want. I mean, if it makes things easier."

"Wh-What!?" Usagi said in shock, widening her eyes, "Goku, you know you don't have to do that, you know. If you want to be part of my baby's life, then our lives will make things harder by raising them to think you're their real father. To be honest, we haven't married yet."

"I will be the father of Chibiusa or Chibi-Goku. You know how I feel about you, Usagi. I'd do my best to make you happy, I promise. And I'll love your baby as though they were my own." Goku assured her, showing her a determined look.

"Thank you, Goku. You know I will always love you no matter what. I thought I was going to give up hope by becoming a single mother, but I knew you would be the one for me." Usagi said, smiling at him.

Goku smiled back at her. "Usagi..."

"Goku... I really need to confess this." Usagi said, looking away in embarrassment. 

"What is it?"

She looked back and faced Goku, "I do love you... a lot... more than friends. I know the two of us have been best friends for seven years, but I just wanted to let you know that I wanted us to be lovers instead of best friends. If you don't accept my feelings for you, then that's fine."

"Usagi, I..." Goku tried to say anything, but he couldn't help himself but lean over her face and kiss her on the lips. Usagi kissed him back him.

After a kiss, the two faced each other with the lovable look on their faces.

"I felt the same way, and I finally realized who I had fallen in love with. It was you." Goku said with an affectionate look.

Usagi smiled, showing him affection as well. "Goku."

"Let's go back to the others, Usagi. They were worried about you." Goku suggested before taking her back to the others.

"You were right. I should be going back to the others." Usagi said, nodding.