Chapter 7: Celebrating Usagi's Birthday

After a while at the lake, they went back to the Earnshaw Lake House. It was then everyone surprised her on her birthday and began to celebrate. They also sang her a happy birthday song until she blew out her candles, making a wish.

I wish I could marry Mamo and live in the Earnshaw Lake House together, Usagi thought before everyone could offer her some presents.

After everyone offered presents to her, Mamoru took Usagi by the hand and tapped the glass of his wine, getting everyone's attention.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to announce that there is something I want to ask her," Mamoru said as he kneel towards Usagi before pulling out a small box. He then opened up the box and revealed a golden engagement ring, which Usagi gasped, covering her mouth. "Usagi Tsukino, will you do me an honor to be my wife?"

Usagi started to cry as her wish finally came true. "Yes, Mamo! Yes, I will marry you!"

Mamoru grinned as he quickly slipped the ring on her finger, standing up and kissing his fiance as he hugged her tightly. Everyone clapped and congratulated the newly engaged couple. It was the happiest day of Usagi's life. Best nineteenth birthday ever.

"Oh, my! Our baby is getting married!" Ikuru exclaimed happily.

"Our daughter has grown up..." Kenji said, sobbing.

"Congratulations, Usagi!" Minako exclaimed happily, clapping her hands.

"We are so happy for you!" Ami said, clapping her hands as well.

"I can't believe this! First, my cousin is engaged to Goku, and now you guys!" Rei said.

"Congratulations, Usagi! I am so happy for you!" Goku said as he came up to Usagi and hugged her. Usagi hugged him back. Chichi glared at seeing those two embracing, and she hated it.

"Same goes for you, Usagi," Bulma said as she hugged her cousin after Goku had hugged her.

"Thank you, both," Usagi said.

While this was going on, Mamoru didn't look too happy that he had to propose to Usagi on her birthday. However, he didn't want to marry her. All he ever wanted was to break up with her, so he could have his life for good where it used to be.

As for Chichi, while she kept watching them, she turned her head and noticed Mamoru was feeling down. She figured he wasn't too happy by marrying Usagi off. She wondered why he wasn't too happy, and she must find out why. At first, all she must do was to give Mamoru her attention and then have a talk with him. She figured this Usagi girl was one of the bad influences who made Mamoru look bad.

Chichi smirked evilly with a brilliant idea of how to fix this.