Chapter 13: Heartbroken

Usagi was up in a tree crying. She never understood why Mamoru would betray her like this. She thought he loved her, but she knew this was going to happen. Mamoru never cared about her at all. As she continued to cry, she heard the rustling of leaves and looked down to see Goku.

He looked so sad. He was yet, betrayed by the woman who cheated on him with Mamoru. He had his hands shoved into his pockets and his head down. He kicked the leaves about as he strolled through the woods. Usagi gasped out and quickly covered her mouth as she saw him punching through a nearby tree. The tree tumbled over and knocked over a couple more throughout the woods. To her surprise, Usagi almost falls off the tree branch. Goku snapped back in her direction. Her eyes were wide, and she shot up in alarm.

"Usagi?"

She nodded but continued to step back. She leaned against the tree, a bit startled by what she’d just witnessed. Goku slowly approached the tree she was in, worried about her pregnancy.

"Usagi, I am so sorry that I almost hurt you and the baby," Goku apologized to her.

"It's okay, Goku. I-"

"No, it's not. If I would have hurt you, I would have hurt the baby, and it would be my fault." Goku said, still heartbroken, as his tears fell from his eyes.

Usagi stared at him, worried, "... Goku."

Then Goku leaped up as he landed before her and sat upon the branch. His legs sway about. Goku patted the area beside him.

"I guess that means we need to talk," Usagi said, looking at him.

Goku looked away, still feeling heartbreak. "How could Chichi do this to me? I thought she loved me, but she didn't. I don't understand..."

"Me, too, Goku... Me, too... But how could Mamo do this to me? After everything we've been through, after being together five years, now he has nothing to do with me. I don't know what to do anymore... I lost him forever... He left me pregnant with Chichi... So now I'm going to be a single mother forever without him..." Usagi started to cry as she buried her face with her hands.

Goku pulled her close to him into an embrace in comfort. "I can't answer that, and I wish I knew why Mamo and Chi were such cheaters, but I thought our lovers would always be there for us no matter what, but it turned out they weren't there for us, and I never understood why they would do such thing to us."

"Goku, I..." Usagi continued to cry as she buried her face into his chest.

"It's okay, Usagi. I'm here for you and the baby. Don't forget that we'll always be here no matter what. Although I had to go through this because of Chichi, I didn't want you to be all alone without our help." Goku guaranteed her, rubbing her back as he continued to hug her.

"I know, but... I had lost so much inside of my heart..." Usagi sobbed.

"Me, too, but we'll go through this, Usagi. We need to move on." Goku said, closing his eyes as he had a last tear fall from his eye.

I had to deal with Chichi first because I'd decided to break up with her for good, Goku thought.

"Goku... thank you for being here for me. I know you had such hard times about Chichi's cheating, but I am so happy that you're here for me." Then Usagi leaned into his right cheek and kissed it, making Goku feel better. Although they're still in pain, and they need more time to heal when they're getting better.