Mavericks

Join me on Patreon to unlock exclusive fanfics and early access to future chapters! Support my work and be part of the journey. Visit the link below to show your support and dive into the exciting world of my stories!:

[patreon.com/Eros_Lord]

—————————————————————————

Reiji and Yue gathered the flesh from the vanquished scorpion and transported it to a secluded area on the floor. Utilizing his newly acquired proficiency in Earth Magic, Reiji skillfully fashioned a suitable dome to meet their needs. Additionally, he used the remains of the scorpion to summon another Shadow, his most formidable creation yet.

Transporting such a large quantity of meat was no easy task, but with Reiji giving Yue more of his blood to restore her energy, they teamed up to accomplish the feat. Together, their combined strength, bolstered by Yue's body-empowering magic, allowed them to successfully transport the vast amount of meat to Reiji's hideout.

Initially, Reiji had suggested using the room where Yue had been sealed as their new base, but she firmly rejected the idea. Understandably, after spending centuries trapped within those walls, she was tired of the sight and sought a change of environment.

Although they were currently confined to this floor until Reiji replenished his supplies, it was crucial for Yue's mental well-being to be away from that room.

Thus, they spent their time conversing and getting to know each other better as they scoured for supplies. "So that means you have to be at least 300 years old, right, Yue?" Reiji casually commented.

"It's rude to ask a girl her age," she glared angrily at Reiji. It seemed that even in parallel worlds, inquiring about a girl's age was considered taboo.

Sighing, Reiji responded, "I'm not asking, just stating." Based on Reiji's recollection, the vampires had been eradicated in a massive war that had engulfed the land 300 years ago.

It was likely that Yue had lost track of time during her imprisonment in the silent darkness, but it was reasonable to assume that she must have been at least that old. If she had been sealed at the age of around twenty, then she was probably much older than 300.

"Do all vampires live as long as you?" Reiji inquired.

"No," Yue replied, "I'm an exception. I don't age because of my regenerative powers."

According to her explanation, she had ceased to age ever since awakening to her powers at a young age. While average vampires could extend their lifespan by consuming the blood of other races, their longevity typically didn't exceed two hundred years.

As a point of comparison, humans in this world had an average lifespan of 70 years, while demons could live up to 120 years. Beastmen varied in lifespan depending on their specific race, with elves being able to live for centuries.

Yue's extraordinary abilities were attributed to her lineage as she had inherited the blood of the ancient atavistic vampires. This lineage had made her one of the strongest beings in the world during her time, and she had ascended to the throne at the remarkably young age of seventeen.

Furthermore, she discussed the details of her powers with Reiji, addressing his curiosity. According to her, she possessed perfect affinity with every element. However, she admitted to being less proficient in close-quarters combat.

Her preferred approach involved utilizing strengthening magic to enhance her physical abilities, enabling her to swiftly move around while unleashing spells at a rapid pace.

Even though she lacked finesse in close combat, her ability to shrug off wounds due to her innate regeneration, coupled with the overwhelming might of her spells, made her a formidable force capable of vanquishing most adversaries.