Shattered In Darkness [2]

If you want to read future chapters or simply support me, please check out my Patreon. Every single fanfic and chapter will eventually be available there. However, if you don't want to wait or simply wish to show your support, please give it a visit! Link is in the synopsis and below:

[patreon.com/Eros_Lord]

—————————————————————————

In the depths of his unconsciousness, Reiji found himself standing through a vast expanse of darkness. There were no tangible boundaries or landmarks, only an infinite void that seemed to swallow him whole.

It was in this enigmatic realm that his dreamscape unfolded, an ethereal landscape shaped by his own subconscious.

As Reiji's senses slowly awakened, Reiji felt a bone-chilling cold seep into his bones, a frigid reminder of the haunting environment that surrounded him. He stood upon an obscure ground, its texture and features obscured by the fog.

The air was thick with an eerie fog that snaked its way around him, concealing his surroundings and shrouding everything in an impenetrable veil. The silence of the void was punctuated by faint whispers, barely audible echoes that sent shivers down his spine.

Reiji heightened his senses, trying to pierce through the fog and uncover the source of these ethereal murmurs. Shadows danced at the edges of his vision, teasing him with fleeting glimpses of something lurking in the darkness.

"Who's there?!" Reiji shouted, his voice filled with a mix of fear and confusion. In his current state, he couldn't think logically or calm himself down. The overwhelming events had left his mind racing, unable to process everything that was happening.

After all, he was just a reincarnated teenager with double the life experience of a typical high school student. He lacked the knowledge and understanding of how dark and dangerous the world could truly be.

It was a marvel that he had managed to survive for this long, given his rash actions and decisions. As Reiji heard the approaching footsteps, he swiftly turned towards the source, ready to defend himself. To his astonishment, nothing greeted his gaze.

Bewildered, he was about to lower his guard when suddenly, without warning, an unseen force slammed into him, sending him crashing to the floor. The impact was jarring, causing him to cough up saliva as pain coursed through his body.

A sinister laughter pierced the air, its malevolence seeping into Reiji's bones like an icy chill. "Kuhahaha!! How does it feel, Reiji? So smug in your unwarranted confidence, yet so pathetically weak! Don't fret, my dear, your suffering has only just begun."

The voice, oozing with contempt and sadistic pleasure, taunted Reiji with every word, plunging the knife of humiliation deeper into his already damaged psyche. As the voice echoed, the mist began to swirl around Reiji, dancing with otherworldly energy.

Without warning, a swift and merciless strike landed on him, the unseen assailant targeted Reiji's vulnerable solar plexus. Agonizing pain erupted within him, a searing sensation that robbed him of breath and left him gasping for air.

The force of the blow sent him crashing to the unforgiving floor, the impact resonating through his entire being. Amidst the excruciating pain, the voice continued its taunting, its words dripping with disdain and sadistic pleasure.

"Oh, Reiji, how pitiful you are in your feeble attempts at resistance," the voice sneered, its sinister tone coiling through the air like a venomous serpent. "You make an excellent plaything for my amusement."

With each successive strike, the assailant zeroed in on Reiji's exposed vulnerabilities, landing precise blows. A relentless assault rained upon him, targeting non-lethal areas to prolong his suffering, to ensure that every moment was a torturous experience.