Training [2]

If you want to read future chapters or simply support me, please check out my Patreon. Every single fanfic and chapter will eventually be available there. However, if you don't want to wait or simply wish to show your support, please give it a visit! Link is in the synopsis and below:

[https://patreon.com/WebNovelEros_Lord]

—————————————————————————

In the center of the arena, Reiji and Tatsuya stood with their wooden weapons in hand, surrounded by instructors and students who watched with great interest, anticipation, and excitement. Captain Meld, acting as the referee, positioned himself in the middle outside the circular boundary they had created.

"Before we begin, let's have a quick introduction," Captain Meld announced, addressing both Reiji and Tatsuya. "Tell us your names and status."

Smirking, Tatsuya gave a slight bow as he introduced himself to the crowd. "I'm Tatsuya, one of the instructors here, and a weapon specialist," he said, his tone dripping with confidence. "And I can assure you that I'm going to win this match."

The crowd murmured in response to Tatsuya's bold statement. Some were impressed by his confidence, while others found him arrogant and irritating. Reiji, on the other hand, remained calm and focused, his face blank, and his eyes revealing nothing.

"I'm Reiji, also known as Kim Min-Joon from South Korea," Reiji announced, tightening his grip on his spear and getting ready for the start of the match. As soon as he mentioned his Korean name, some of the students' eyes widened in surprise.

"Wait, as in that Kim Min-Joon?! There's no way we would forget someone famous in our own class," muttered a student.

"Are you an idiot? His face was never revealed as he was always wearing a mask," another student responded, smacking the other across the head. It didn't take long for the others to join in the muttering.

Meanwhile, the instructors watched curiously, wondering if Reiji's other name held any significance. Despite his curiosity, Captain Meld remained focused on his duty.

"The rules are simple. If either of you uses Mana or steps out of the boundary, you lose. If one forfeit or is knocked unconscious, you lose. The stakes of this duel have already been decided beforehand."

"If you have any questions, ask now," declared Captain Meld. Reiji and Tatsuya remained silent. "Well then, let the match begin!" Captain Meld announced, signaling the start of the duel.

Reiji and Tatsuya faced each other, analyzing their opponent, waiting for someone to make the first move. The tense silence dragged on for what felt like minutes until Tatsuya charged at Reiji with incredible speed.

"If you're not making the first move, then I will!" Tatsuya shouted, brandishing his sword. He charged at Reiji with incredible speed and swung his sword in a wide vertical arc. Reiji narrowly dodged it by stepping to the side and then spun his spear, thrusting it towards Tatsuya's solar plexus.

Swinging his sword in a diagonal motion, Tatsuya deflected Reiji's attack and struck his spear upwards, leaving Reiji momentarily vulnerable.

Taking advantage of the opening, Tatsuya swung his sword in a wide diagonal arc, aiming for Reiji's torso. Reiji reacted quickly, sidestepping and parrying Tatsuya's attack with his spear. Jumping back, he created distance between them, bringing the whole ordeal back to a stalemate.

The crowd was in awe at the scene they had just witnessed. While they had expected the weapon specialist to be skilled, the fact that a student was evenly matched with him was amazing, to say the least.