Premonition

If you want to read future chapters or simply support me, please check out my Patreon. Every single fanfic and chapter will eventually be available there. However, if you don't want to wait or simply wish to show your support, please give it a visit! Link is in the synopsis and below:

[https://patreon.com/WebNovelEros_Lord]

https://discord.gg/xFe34NFQ

—————————————————————————

Time flowed swiftly, like a river.

Another week had passed in the blink of an eye, bringing them to the eve of their expedition into the Labyrinth. Reiji's stats had shown moderate improvement, largely due to his unwavering focus on enhancing his mana control.

This relentless pursuit had paid off, as he had now reached a new level of proficiency, able to cast spells with a single-word incantation and utilize his image composition skill to amplify his magic prowess.

Throughout the training sessions with Hajime, Reiji had only ventured into the forest sporadically, reserving those moments when Hajime was not under his guidance. During these encounters, he had encountered a fair number of monsters.

However, they posed little threat to Reiji, as they lacked a mana source to draw strength from, rendering them weaker when faced above ground.

With the spear he had acquired from Captain Meld, Reiji found his tasks becoming considerably easier. Despite his initial request for a different type of spear, the one he received turned out to be an upgrade that possessed the ideal qualities for his needs. It was none other than one of the Kingdom's revered artifacts.

Known as the Divine Spear Longinus, it belonged to the exclusive league of the seven holy artifacts. Its true nature and abilities remained shrouded in mystery, with little information available to Reiji when he inquired about its capabilities.

The only confirmed aspects were its remarkable durability and sharpness. The spear's enigmatic aura intrigued Reiji, leaving him eager to uncover its hidden secrets.

Moreover, his exploration of the element of Darkness unveiled its profound qualities that surpassed conventional understanding. Curses, illusions, and all things associated with taboo or dark magic were intricately intertwined with this enigmatic element.

Reiji couldn't help but wonder how this newfound ability might eventually impact his personality. Would its manifestation become apparent in due time, as Rob had mentioned? So far, Reiji hadn't noticed any discernible changes from his past life, but the potential remained tantalizing.

If the Divine Spear Longinus possessed the ability to manipulate its size and shape, much like Sun Wukong's staff, Ruyi Jingu Bang, it would undoubtedly enhance Reiji's strength and versatility. Surprisingly, it was Hajime who had sparked this speculation, even though Reiji was his mentor.

Just like Reiji, Hajime had undergone a remarkable transformation, surpassing his original portrayal and experiencing significant growth in strength. This improvement was attributed to Reiji's eccentric and imaginative mindset, which had been influenced by the anime he had watched in his previous life.

Reiji's unconventional approach had played a pivotal role in elevating Hajime's stats and abilities from their initial mediocre state to a level of considerable prowess.

Although he still remained relatively weak compared to others. Nevertheless, the progress he had made was what truly mattered, didn't it? Reiji had taken it upon himself to train Hajime in his physical abilities as well, similar to how Sebas had trained him. However, the experience proved to be nothing short of torture for Hajime, pushing him to his limits.