Favors

If you want to read future chapters or simply support me, please check out my Patreon. Every single fanfic and chapter will eventually be available there. However, if you don't want to wait or simply wish to show your support, please give it a visit! Link is in the synopsis and below:

[https://patreon.com/WebNovelEros_Lord]

—————————————————————————

"So this is the library," Reiji murmured. He thanked the maid who had shown him the way and watched as she bowed before continuing on with her duties. Reiji took a few steps forward, examining his surroundings.

Stepping into the library, he marveled at its grandeur. The circular room was lined with towering bookshelves from floor to ceiling, filled with books of various shapes and sizes, some of them appearing ancient and worn out. The soft golden light that illuminated the room added to the warm and inviting atmosphere.

Tables and chairs were scattered throughout the space, providing ample seating for readers. In the center of the room stood an ornate desk manned by a beautiful librarian, ready to assist anyone in search of the perfect book.

The library held a wide range of reading materials, including novels, historical tomes, and spellbooks. It was a peaceful and enchanting place that called out to book lovers to explore its vast collection.

Despite its inviting ambiance, the library was not a frequently visited place in the world of fantasy. If not for Reiji's need for knowledge, it could have remained the same.

As Reiji started browsing the shelves, a woman's voice interrupted him. "You can't grab any of the books without signing into the library. Do you have a library card?" she asked.

Reiji turned to face her and noticed that she wasn't much older than him, perhaps around nineteen or twenty. She had long, silky hair that was tied up into an artful crown of braids and twists, showcasing the smooth texture and vibrant shade of her auburn locks.

Her outfit was eye-catching, with a white collared button-up shirt paired with a leather waist tunic that covered it. Golden bracelets adorned her biceps and wrists, adding to the flashy look. She wore a red tunic skirt that emphasized her shapely thighs as she faced Reiji.

Shaking his head, Reiji answered, "Nope. I didn't realize I needed a library card to enter. I assumed it was open to those living within the castle after all. Though I guess it is warranted. Anyways, I'm Reiji, one of the summoned heroes."

Her eyes widened ever so slightly at the mention of his name before regaining her composure. She smiled and introduced herself, "My name is Seraphina, but you can call me Sera. I'm the librarian here. Come on, I can help you get a library card. All you have to do is fill out a quick form."

Reiji nodded and followed Sera to the desk. As she pulled out the form, he couldn't shake the feeling that something was off. Ever since learning how to control mana, he had been experiencing sudden, unexplainable sensations that unnerved him.

Sera handed him the form and a quill pen. "Just fill out your name, age, and occupation. You can also list your interests if you'd like. Once you're done, I'll take care of the rest."

Reiji utilized his {Detect Magic} skill to scan the paper and quill pen for any magical properties like a potential magical contract, but the results came out negative. There was no magical energy emanating from either the paper or the quill pen.

This left him perplexed as to why he was experiencing these strange feelings, and he couldn't help but wonder if it was just one of his skills acting up. The questions were straightforward, and since there was nothing objectionable, Reiji began filling out the form, leaving the interests section blank.