Training [1]

If you want to read future chapters or simply support me, please check out my Patreon. Every single fanfic and chapter will eventually be available there. However, if you don't want to wait or simply wish to show your support, please give it a visit! Link is in the synopsis and below:

[https://patreon.com/WebNovelEros_Lord]

—————————————————————————

Unaware of Ishtar's schemes, Reiji lay content in his bed, reflecting on his day. Earlier, Kaori and Shizuku had convinced him to explore the training grounds with them. While Reiji had initially intended to visit the castle library, he saw potential benefits in their proposal and agreed to join them.

Together, they had combed through every nook and cranny of the training grounds, exploring each building and area they could access. In the center of the grounds, they discovered a large circular arena made of sturdy stone blocks, surrounded by stands for spectators to watch the training exercises.

Various training equipment, including dummies, target boards, and obstacles, were scattered around the arena for the trainees to use to hone their combat skills.

On one side of the training grounds lay a large lake with crystal-clear water that reflected the blue sky above. The lake was surrounded by a rocky outcropping, which provided a natural obstacle for the trainees to practice their climbing and balancing skills.

On the other side of the grounds, they saw a dense and sprawling forest with towering trees that seemed to stretch up to the sky. The branches interwove, forming a thick canopy overhead, blocking out much of the sunlight. Though they never ventured into the forest, signs of wild animals and potential monsters were shown near the forest's edge.

Today had proven to be both informative and relaxing for Reiji. His plan to create a divide among his classmates had surprisingly worked, despite his initial doubts. He hadn't expected it to be this successful due to the factors of influence and status.

Naturally, people tend to trust those they have known for a longer time, as familiarity breeds comfort. Nevertheless, the schism within the class had granted him a longer moment of freedom, affording him additional time to concentrate on his objectives.

Another aspect that caught Reiji's attention was the variety of job classes present within the class. Kaori, in particular, proved to be a valuable social network, providing him with access to a wealth of information. Having knowledge about his peers' job classes could prove to be advantageous in the future, if utilized correctly.

Moreover, he appreciated the opportunity to take a break from constant thinking and planning. Spending the day exploring the castle and hanging out with Shizuku and Kaori allowed him to relax and clear his head. The constant mental strain of strategizing was becoming burdensome, and this respite provided a much-needed reprieve.

'Today has certainly been full of pleasant surprises,' Reiji mused, his lips curving into a small smile. 'But I can't let my guard down just yet. Who knows what Ishtar has planned next and when he'll strike?'

'However, there's no use dwelling on it now, though. Tomorrow marks the official start of our training, and I must be in top condition for it.'

Closing his eyes, it didn't take long before Reiji's breath slowed, becoming steady and soft as he drifted into a peaceful slumber.

...

...

...

On the following day, all of the students lined up in anticipation. Captain Meld, along with the other instructors, had made the decision to divide them into eight groups of five. Reiji stood among his classmates, his eyes fixed on the captain, who stood at the forefront of the training ground.