Job Class [1]

If you want to read future chapters or simply support me, please check out my Patreon. Every single fanfic and chapter will eventually be available there. However, if you don't want to wait or simply wish to show your support, please give it a visit! Link is in the synopsis and below:

[https://patreon.com/WebNovelEros_Lord]

—————————————————————————

Reiji rose early in the morning, a routine he had become accustomed to during his time in South Korea. As he got out of bed, he went through his familiar morning ritual before stepping into the inviting bathtub.

The warmth of the water enveloped his body, offering a soothing sensation that eased his sleeping muscles. With a contented sigh, he closed his eyes, allowing himself to fully relax in the comforting embrace of the water.

Reiji basked in the warmth of the water, letting his mind wander to the events of the previous day. He replayed the moment when he and his classmates were summoned to the other world, how they ended up causing discord within the class, and the shocking revelation that the Kingdom was being controlled by the Church. It added another layer of complexity to the already intricate situation.

Lost in his thoughts, Reiji contemplated the path he would need to navigate in this unfamiliar world. The pieces of the puzzle were slowly coming together, and he realized that he would need to be cautious and strategic in his actions.

Reiji acknowledged that the decisions he made in this new world would undoubtedly have consequences. However, he also understood that it was up to him to navigate and mitigate those consequences. He couldn't control everything, but he could control his own actions and choices.

If he were to make a mistake, Reiji knew that he would have to accept the consequences and live with it.

...

After finishing his bath, Reiji stepped out of the bathtub and wrapped himself in a fluffy towel. He then headed back into the main room and spotted the training outfit that the kingdom had provided for him.

The clothes consisted of a white, sleeveless tunic paired with black pants featuring a red stripe running down the sides. The tunic had a high collar with a red ribbon tied around the neck and was designed to be comfortable and non-restrictive during training. Reiji quickly changed into the outfit and prepared himself for the day's training.

Reiji emerged from his room and made his way down the silent hallway, the rhythmic sound of his footsteps reverberating through the stillness, serving as a stark reminder of the early hour. With each step he took, his mind was consumed by thoughts of the mistake he had made the day before.

'I shouldn't have done that in the dining room," Reiji thought to himself, sighing. 'While I don't regret addressing the effects of war to my classmates, there was no reason to state my apathy towards this world and its inhabitants.'

He continued his train of thought, 'I wasn't lying when I said I didn't care. It's the truth, after all. We had no knowledge that another world existed like this, and this world summoned us out of the blue and is now requesting us to join a war we had no knowledge about? While some may say it's morally wrong not to lend a hand in such a situation, I would call them fools.'

'But that's beside the point,' Reiji mused. 'I could've just stayed silent and laid low, mindlessly agreeing with Kouki's idea of participating in the war and gathering information. But I don't trust the Kingdom nor the Church.'

'And if they were to somehow want information about my capabilities, then I would either have to lie or refuse. But even then, it could attract attention towards me. There's no way to know if they have a means of detecting falsehood. It seems like there's no advantageous outcome for me, only minor benefits and drawbacks,' Reiji pondered as he eventually reached the training grounds.