Heligh Kingdom

If you want to read future chapters or simply support me, please check out my Patreon. Every single fanfic and chapter will eventually be available there. However, if you don't want to wait or simply wish to show your support, please give it a visit! Link is in the synopsis and below:

[https://patreon.com/WebNovelEros_Lord]

—————————————————————————

As the last word left his lips, Reiji abruptly walked out the door, and the heavy wooden door slammed shut with a resounding bang. The sound echoed through the room, leaving everyone inside in stunned silence.

"How...?" Ishtar murmured in disbelief, his expression revealing his surprise. He regained his composure and put on his usual kind demeanor as he reflected on what had just happened.

Glancing around the room, he noted the uncertainty etched on the faces of even those under Kouki's sway. 'He managed to sow seeds of doubt even in the minds of those influenced by Kouki,' he thought to himself.

'His charisma, logical reasoning, and intelligence are on an impressive level. With proper training and resources, he could become a valuable asset.' He paused, his thoughts taking a more ominous turn. 'However...'

'His confidence unsettles me, and his true intentions remain a mystery. Can I trust him? Should I eliminate him? No, that is not the solution. He has expressed his desire to join the war, and that presents an opportunity.'

'If I can manipulate him to my advantage, and gain control over his actions, he could be a powerful ally or a dangerous enemy. I must uncover his goals, understand his motives, and establish my influence before it's too late...'

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

~Near Holy Church~

Sitting beneath a tree was the main character, Reiji, who was eating the last bit of his bento with a thoughtful expression on his face as he reviewed what had just occurred.

'I must acknowledge that Ishtar's speech was well-crafted and highly informative. His ability to manipulate others is evidently impressive, as even individuals like Kouki, who are renowned for their academic prowess, can be easily influenced.'

'However, I shouldn't be overly surprised, as Kouki's naivety played a significant role in succumbing to Ishtar's influence.'

'That's why I gave the rest of the students a reality check, to save their poor souls, though it seems that it didn't get through to everyone. While some may harbor doubts, it is likely that these concerns will eventually be overshadowed or disregarded.'

'Considering my status as a transfer student, I understand that I lack the level of trust and credibility bestowed upon Kouki. Nevertheless, this is no longer a matter of concern for me,' Reiji thought to himself as he calmly enjoyed his onigiri.

'With things as they are, Ishtar may be frustrated with me, but it's their obligation to provide us with the necessary resources to learn how to fight. It's unreasonable to expect a group of teenagers to go to war without any fighting skills. And as for gaining knowledge, I could easily visit a library if there's one in the kingdom.'

Reiji thought about the potential obstacles ahead, but he believed finding a library wouldn't pose too much of a challenge. 'The only obstacles would be the scrutiny from both the Church and the Kingdom, as well as the potential resentment from the class. And even then that's highly unlikely.'