Training [4]

If you want to read future chapters or simply support me, please check out my Patreon. Every single fanfic and chapter will eventually be available there. However, if you don't want to wait or simply wish to show your support, please give it a visit! Link is in the synopsis and below:

[https://patreon.com/WebNovelEros_Lord]

—————————————————————————

"I guess that design should work," Reiji muttered, seemingly satisfied. He dropped his pen and closed the notebook before crawling into bed, eager to get some sleep after the long day he had. It didn't take long for him to fall into a slumber, reflecting on how he had won his match against Tatsuya.

Although Tatsuya is a competent fighter who has earned the title of a weapon specialist for the kingdom, he lost to Reiji despite having more experience, better stats, and superior skills. The reason for his defeat can be summed up in two words: spatial awareness.

Tatsuya's fighting style favored brute force over finesse, with a focus on powerful strikes rather than graceful technique and control. His wide swings suggested that he lacked experience in boundary type matches.

In contrast, Reiji had much more experience in boundary type matches, having participated in tournaments in South Korea. Reiji never planned to face Tatsuya head-on. He knew that he couldn't win in endurance, speed, or strength against Tatsuya.

So instead, when Tatsuya's ego had reached its limit, Reiji implemented a plan that was effective against him due to his weakness. Running away and then creating a dust cloud to blind everyone, provoking him to make him lose the little skill he had to make a mistake and then finally kicking him out of the boundary line.

It was solely due to Tatsuya's arrogance and ego that he didn't take the match seriously at the beginning, ultimately costing himself the match and the wager.

Reiji achieved all of his objectives in the match with minimal drawbacks: three favors, reputation/influence within the class, and interest from other instructors. The only demerits were the possibility of spy action against him and being repeatedly annoyed by his class.

Reiji's status is safe as Ishtar's words could be used against him, and they have no idea what Job Class he belongs to. They can make assumptions based on the way he fought and strength he exhibited, but as previously stated, magic reigns supreme in this world.

...

~The Next Day~

Reiji unwrapped the bandages tightly wound around his torso and examined himself in the mirror. "Magic is truly something," he whistled, noticing that his skin showed no signs of being broken or bruised, as if the fight had never even happened.

After dressing himself in his training uniform, he walked out of his room and shut the door behind him before making his way to the training grounds. Today, they were finally going to be learning magic, and Reiji was very much looking forward to it.

As Reiji approached the training grounds, he noticed the students exchanging curious glances and whispering amongst themselves. It was evident that yesterday's events were still fresh in their minds, and they were discussing his identity from Korea and the outcome of the fight with Tatsuya.

Captain Meld's voice broke through the murmurs, "Alright everyone, quiet down." He then introduced the magic instructors standing behind him.

"Today, we will be learning about magic. The groups will remain the same, and I want to emphasize that there will be no horseplay. Magic is very dangerous, and we must be careful to avoid any injuries."