Rainstorms, cuddles, and warm fires; part 1

Oh Gods
So this is literally like my very first fanfic
The concept is cute and all but it's probably complete fucking shit
Like dog shit
I'm so sorry to subject you to this, I wrote this when I was like 10 and I'm not editing all this

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The ravenette sat in the field letting the rain run down his face. It soaked his clothes and shoes. He just sat there, however. Nico Di Angelo felt at home in the rain. He felt… at peace. Like everything in the world was okay. But it wasn't. He knew that much. His life was so screwed up. Nothing went right. Except the rain. The rain kept him in balance. But even rain can have its downfalls. Nico's head filled with all the negative things he'd been told. He told himself to ignore it, but the pitter-patter of the rain sounded like those voices.

It had been an hour since he had sat down in the field. At this point, he didn't know what were tears running down his face and what were raindrops. A soft sob escaped his lips. His dark eyes were red and puffy. Nico made to stand up, but his knees buckled and he collapsed onto the soaked through picnic blanket he had brought. He laid on the blanket and sobbed. All of his emotions came out at that moment. All the doubt, sadness, anger, anxieties. They all came pouring out. He sat up and buried his face in his knees.

Will Solace walked through the streets with his black umbrella above his head. His earbuds hung loosely around his neck, abandoned. He glanced at the trees around him, drooping with the weight of the rain. He pulled his hoodie closer to his body as a strong wind blew past. Will pulled out his phone to look at the time. He sighed softly, as he walked out to a small field. He ran a finger along a fence. He spotted what seemed to be a black and white plaid picnic blanket in the middle of the field.

He decided to ignore it for now. He walked to a small patch of wildflowers and laid out his rain jacket on it. He sat atop it and stared at the sky. Will glanced at the picnic blanket and saw movement on it. A short figure in a black hoodie seemed to try to stand but stumble and fall. They then stayed sprawled on the blanket. Eventually they sat up, in the fetal position. Will's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Were they okay? Should he check on them? He decided to wait a while and see what happened.

Nico sat there for about 30 minutes before soft footfalls approached him. He attempted to dry his face, but there was no point whilst sitting in a rainstorm. The footsteps were soft and graceful, like a cat's. Nico glanced at the feet of the person approaching him. He saw big yellow rain boots and pure white jeans. He went back to staring at his own shoes. The person sat beside him. "Hello? A-Are you okay?" The voice was masculine, probably around the age of Nico.

Nico nodded, face still hidden. He felt the rain stop running down his back. He looked up to see a large black umbrella above him. He turned to the boy sitting next to him. "W- Will…?" He stammered, teeth chattering. He hadn't realized how cold he was. The other boy smiled softly.
"Are you cold, Nico? I have an extra jacket." He pulled off the hoodie he wore. Under was a zip-up hoodie. Nico tried to decline, but the hoodie was pulled over his head.
"Will! You're gonna get cold!" Nico whined, trying to pull the hoodie back off. Will laughed,
"I have another jacket on, Neeks, I'm fine! And if I do get cold, I can just cuddle with you!"

Nico flushed bright red. "What!?" He whisper-shouted. Will chuckled and nudged the shorter boy's shoulder.
He winked as he answered, "I said I could cuddle with you!"  Nico buried his face in his hands. Will moved closer to wrap an arm around his shoulder. Nico shifted slightly. Will quickly lifted his arm "Did that make you uncomfortable? Sorry.." he muttered, placing his hands on his lap. Nico looked up.
"No, it's fine. I just… you're warm and…. In that moment, I felt… loved," Nico murmured. Will smiled lightly.
"Good."