How it Happened

Heya! This oneshot has spoilers for the sun and the star so if you haven't read it yet, I'd recommend skipping this one
If you're still here… How'd you like the book? Personally, I loved it. I loved seeing the progression of Will and Nico's relationship <3
Anyways this is basically a "rewrite" (there wasn't necessarily an official "write") of how solangelo got together
So yeah, enjoy!
PS it's in Nico's pov unless I say otherwise
PPS I do end up changing it to Will's at the page break
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I rubbed my hands together anxiously. I was really going to do this. I ran into the woods,  knowing where to find Grover and Juniper, blushing profusely. They smiled at me. I cleared my throat. "Okay so this is gonna sound really stupid, but could you kinda get some of the other satyrs and nymphs to set up a picnic for me?"
"Ooh, what's the occasion?" Juniper asked, her dress flowing even though there was no wind. I hid my face in my hands.
"Gods, it's kinda personal," I muttered. Grover nudged Juniper softly.
"Yeah, we'll do it. Hope whatever it is goes well!" He exclaimed, pulling Juniper off. I exhaled deeply. This was going to work. This is how the movies do it.

I ran out of my cabin, trying to find Juniper to take me to the picnic. I stumbled, staring at the dining pavilion. There were wreaths hanging everywhere. I furrowed my eyebrows. Suddenly, the campers started piling in. I glanced around, trying to find Will or Juniper or Grover or someone. Then I felt hands on my shoulders and something lowered onto my head. I reached up, whipping around. There was a crown of holly on my head and Juniper was grinning behind me. My eyes widened. "Jun, what's happening?" I whispered. She just nudged me forward and led me to the head table. I noticed the picnic baskets at all the tables as the campers were getting settled. "I'm gonna be late," I whispered to myself, glancing around.
"Today is a very special day!" Juniper announced. She gestured back to me. "Nico here has an important announcement to make!" She grinned at me, shooting me a small thumbs up. My jaw dropped. This wasn't supposed to happen. The pavilion was dead silent as tears filled my eyes. This was all wrong. I couldn't do it. I would run, back to the shadows like I always do. Then I saw him. Will. He was looking at me expectantly, a smile on his face. I looked around once more. I inhaled deeply. I could do this. I would own this. I stood up, looking over the faces of the campers. I forced back the tears.
I cleared my throat.
I couldn't do it.
It was silent.
No.
I could do it.
"Um… Hi. For- for those of you who don't know, I'm Nico di Angelo, son of Hades. And I do have a bit of an announcement. I know that you already talk about me. I get it, I'm different. And I know I haven't been around much up until recently. But I'm so tired of hiding this. I'm sick of hiding the truth of who I am. So…" I licked my lips, eyes scanning the pavilion. "I'm gay." The camp was silent. Dead silent. "And I…" My eyes caught on golden blonde hair. I stared at Will. I could do this. He smiled softly at me. "Will Solace," I managed. "I was wondering if you wanted to go out with me? I like you. A lot." I watched as Will's stunning blue eyes widened.

Nico di Angelo just asked me out. Nico 'Ghost King' di Angelo just ASKED ME OUT! My heart raced, threatening to jump out of my chest. I felt my face heat up. I slowly stood up. I felt a smile tug at my face muscles. I nodded. "Yeah. Yeah, I'd like to go out with you," I muttered. Nico's eyes lit up. I grinned. The campers started applauding, the Aphrodite campers hooting and hollering. I looked at my feet, unable to keep myself from grinning. How had he done that? Nico was definitely not the party type. I was impressed, honestly. Kayla grinned up at me, wiggling her eyebrows. My cheeks heated up. Austin smirked at me, making a kissy face. I turned away, blushing profusely.

I stood shuffling my feet as the rest of the campers left. Nico awkwardly waited at the head table. When finally everyone had left, he rushed over to me.
I shot a lopsided grin at him. "You know, you didn't have to throw a whole party. I would've said yes even if you'd just asked me."
Nico hid his face in his hands. "I'm so sorry, I asked the nymphs and satyrs to make a picnic like the movies and they sorta just did this and I thought, well why not own it? Sorry if this was stupid or it made you uncomfortable or-" I cut him off by grabbing his hand. He looked up at me, his cheeks pink.
"It's fine, Nico, really. It was just surprising. You're not a party guy," I chuckled. He smiled softly.
"No, no I'm not. I was sweating bullets," he laughed softly. My heart skipped a beat. His laugh was so cute. I wanted to hear it all the time. I smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So yeah, tell me what you think
I really enjoyed writing this
Anyways I hope you liked it <3