"Okay, so what happened last night? If it didn't go well, why am I being dragged into your room like your life depends on it?" Her sarcasm was something I cherished about her.

Running a hand through my hair, I wanted to scream with how excited I was, but I knew I needed to keep calm and collected. "Alex was terrible, not a gentleman—he felt me up the entire night and then had the audacity to ask me to go to his place after I saw you, I ended up sneaking out the damn window!" Her snort before her laughter had me glaring at her, almost keeling over from it. "Do you want good news or not?" Nod of her head she relaxed enough to look at me, "Noah is taking me on a date" I said loud enough for her and me to hear.

Mouth falling open, Jamie began to jump up and down smacking my arm with excitement. "Holy shit!" she said repeatedly, "holy fucking shit! Where is he taking you, are you going to tell Nick, what are you going to wear?" She had a million questions just at the speed of her voice.

Shushing her, I let out my own chuckle, "I don't know where the date is going to be—Nick isn't going to know because we don't even know if there is going to be a second date, if it doesn't work out he said we could go back to how it used to be" which would never work, we could never be those people again.

Going to my closet she pulled the door open before rummaging in my hangers, pulling out the floral sundress she smiled. "You are wearing this tonight, come, sit and let me do your hair" so I did, I sat on the stool and Jamie curled my hair around my shoulders as we spoke about how exciting this was—this date with Noah is taking more effort in my look then it did with Alex, and part of me was okay with that.
The sundress was cute, it was a black sundress that had sunflowers on it, and it went just below my knees, the shoulders hung just off my shoulders which was something I adored about this dress. "You look great, the soft makeup was a great touch" she smiled down at me.

"Jamie let's go" Nick hollered from the top of the steps earning a laugh from both of us.

"He can't know Jamie" I reminded her.

Nodding her head, she looked back at me, "will you at least let me know how it goes tomorrow?" I could see she was excited to hear all about it.

I agreed and watched as my friend headed up the stairs to my brother. When they both left, I looked at the time, it was pretty much eight in the evening. Going upstairs, I slid my beaten-up vans on since they would be the comfiest for me to wear.
Knocking at the door had me confused, who else could be here?
Swinging the door open, I was stunned to see Noah leaning against the door, arm raised above his head as a smile developed on his face. "Noah?" I chuckled as he settled himself.

Pushing off his arm, he straightened himself out. He wore black jeans, a white shirt with a black sweater overtop—his hair fell loosely around his face, making him push it back every now and then.
"I told you, eight o'clock, I'd pick you up" he nudged me as I closed the door behind me. I had my purse as he escorted us towards the car.

"I thought you meant you'd come downstairs and meet me that way—not that you'd actually come pick me up, where were you?" I asked, buckling myself into the front passenger seat as Noah repeated the action in the driver's seat.

Winking at me, he pulled out of the driveway. "What kind of surprise would that be if I ruined it?"
Thankfully that settled me enough, listening to Noah hum along to the music as his eyes were on the road. "You look beautiful, by the way" he stole a glance as his eyes looked my dress over.

"You don't look so bad yourself" my reply to him as I looked his outfit over once more. "Where are you taking me?" I asked frowning a bit when he pulled into an empty hiking trail.

"Surprise, come on, it's not too far" he said as he got out of the car. Following him up the hill the rest of the way, we weren't far from home, which part of me was thankful for. Sun was setting as we got up to the top of the hill, the car not too far behind us. Seeing a blanket set out on the ground I looked at Noah. "Surprise, I thought we could stargaze—it's going to be a clear night tonight" his smile grew as he grabbed a basket from the backseat of the car before meeting me at the top.