Chapter 56

■■■

Vivian huffed annoyedly as she closed her book and looked at the clock, 11:30 pm. It was 11:30 in the night and there was still no signs of Dominic. It has been 2 whole months since they visited the graveyard and since then Dominic has been working like crazy.

Vivian was a little embarrassed to admit that she missed him, he would come late at night, kiss her forehead and sleep while holding her tightly and disappear the morning after. She understood his work has comparatively increased because he had even taken over Alexander's company but a little time with her wouldn't hurt.

"Is he mad because I didn't forgive him?" she thought as she stood up and made her way inside the walk in closet. Yes, she hasn't forgiven him yet even though he would kiss her everyday and tell her how beautiful she was and how lucky he was to have her. She would just smile and thank him.

She kept her copies and pen inside the drawer as she shut down the laptop,  she had started studying online for college.  She hadn't told Dominic about it because even though he was being sweet and all, she was still a little afraid that he would restrict her to pursue her studies. She used the money she got in scholarship and only her parents and Amelia knew about it and supported her the best they could. She was just glad that Dominic never walked in whenever her classes were going on.

She changed into a light pink silk nightgown that reached till her mid thighs as she combed her hair with furrowed eyebrows. Her eyes flickered towards the clock again, 11:35 pm, it read as she stomped inside her bedroom .

"I have had enough! I waited for 5 whole minutes!" she grumbled as she picked up her new silver iPhone that Dominic had gifted her because her old phone was no good.

She swapped towards Dominic's number and clicked on it, she waited for a few minutes and finally he picked up.

"Hello darling" he said out in his deep voice while huffing a little. Vivian's heart thumped as her fingers fisted.

"Why is he huffing?" she thought as she tried to eliminate all the negative thoughts from her mind.

"When will you be back?" she asked ignoring him being out of breath as she sat down on the soft bed, her heart beating vigorously in anxiousness.

"Oh do you miss me?" he asked as Vivian could hear something shuffling in the background, she could feel him smirking on the phone with his eyebrows raised up.

"T-That's not my question Dominic" she replied harshly as sweat beads formed on her forehead.

"I'll be back in a few minutes gattina" he replied as he hung up without waiting for her response. Vivian gritted her teeth as she slammed her phone on the nightstand, doubts filling her head as sadness clouded her heart.

"He won't cheat on me right?" she thought as she slipped inside the covers with eyes continuously open all her thoughts on one person. Her husband. She picked up the phone again in the hopes of getting a call from Dominic but when she didn't she clutched it to her heart.

She felt sad, lonely. She never would have guessed that she would feel this way if she was away from Dominic in the past, but now she felt that way. She yearned for his love, craved his touch.

It was now just a few minutes before 12:00 pm and still there was no signs of Dominic. "If Dominic betrays me I am never ever forgiving him!" she thought as anger piled up hot and burning inside of her.

Just as she was contemplating ways to kill him the door burst open, revealing a smiling and somewhat tired Dominic.

"Why is he so happy and tired?" she thought, making out the situations in her head while crossing her hands in front of her chest. She looked away in anger as she pouted a little.

THE UNWANTED CROWN ✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें