Chapter 37

●♤●♡●♤●

The doctor came rushing inside and gasped seeing the extreme heart rate on the monitor, Vivian tried to step aside for the doctor to come but Dominic had held her hand tightly and didn't let it go.

The doctor sighed as he came to the other side and suggested Dominic to slowly breathe in and then breathe out.

Dominic did as he was instructed while continuously holding Vivian's hand and squeezing it for reassurance. The heartrate slowly decreased and finally became normal as Vivian heaved out a sigh in relief.

Dominic still didn't let go of her hand as he closed his eyes for a few seconds and turned to look at Vivian, her once bright green eyes now looked dull as dark circles adorned under her tired looking eyes.

She smiled a little as she pulled up a chair beside his bed and sat down, "Sir you collapsed due to fatigue and overexertion" the doctor said while flipping through the pages on his board as he continued "You were unconscious for 3 days, I suggest you to not overwork yourself from now on" the doctor as he fixed his glasses.

Dominic snapped his towards Vivian in surprise as she slightly nodded "I was unconscious for 3 days?!" he thought in surprise as the doctor's voice brought him back to reality.

"That's a good wife you got there, she didn't leave your side for 3 whole days and continued looking after you" hearing that Dominic felt a pang in his chest as all the horrible things he did to her came rushing back.

"You can leave" Dominic ordered in his usual stoic voice as the doctor nodded before leaving.

Dominic kept looking at the door till the doctor walked out and shut it behind him, then he again turned to look at Vivian to find her already looking down as she tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"You took care of me all these days?" Dominic asked trying his hardest to sound soft but failed when his voice still came out stern.

Vivian nodded "I couldn't just see you suffer like that" she replied as her heartrate increased when Dominic intertwined their hands.

Dominic's features softened as he looked at the innocent face "I did." he replied as Vivian looked up at him in confusion and surprise.

"I saw you suffer, Hell! I was the reason you suffered!" he suddenly grumbled, feeling guilty for the first time as his heart bleeded and reached out to her, he wanted to make it all right but he knew he couldn't.

He was so blind in his obsession for her that he completely forgot how to treat someone you love.

Vivian's features hardened as she looked at him "Well I am not like you, I can't be so cruel even if I tried to" she snapped as Dominic's eyes widened in surprise.

But anger still formed inside him no matter how much he tried to control it, he couldn't, he didn't notice when his grip tightened around Vivian's hand as she lowly winced in pain.

He quickly let go of her hand "I am- I am sorry" he said sadly as he saw Vivian rubbing her hands.

"Will you ever be able to forgive me for all that I have done to you?" he muttered lowly, Vivian's eyes burned in rage as she gritted her teeth.

"Let's see" she said as she comfortably sat on the chair and continued "You forced me to marry you, slapped me again and again, tortured me, raped me, humiliated me in front of everyone, threatened me! I don't think I can forgive you anytime soon!" Vivian said it all in one breath as few tears fell from tired eyes.

Vivian gasped as she realized what she had done when she looked at Dominic's expressionless face.

"I am s-" she tried to say but she was cut off by Dominic "Don't" he whispered as the whole hospital room fell completely silent.

Only the ticking of the clock and Dominic's ragged breathing could be heard.

The silence was disrupted when Vivian's phone rang alarming Dominic as she looked at the source of the noise. Vivian quickly pulled up her phone and answered it thanking god in the process for breaking the awkward silence.

"Yes, 304 VIP ward" she replied on her phone and hung up.

"It was Murter" she replied to Dominic's questioning gaze as his eyebrows shot up, confused by her answer as to how they became so close that they communicated through the phone.

"When you collapsed I didn't know who to call so I called Lia-" Vivian stopped when she saw a more confused look on his face "Amelia" she responded as Dominic nodded in recognition.

"-and she called Murter who helped me bring you to a hospital. They are at the entrance and coming to visit you" she said as memories from that night came rushing back, how scared she was, she didn't know what would have happened if it wasn't for Amelia.

The awkward silence was broken through a sharp knock on the door "Come in" Dominic said and the door opened revealing Murter with his usual expressionless face and Amelia standing beside him with a small smile.

"Thank God you are finally awake" Murter said while sighing in relief as Amelia set down a basket of fruits beside his bed.

"I hope no one is aware of this except you and Bradley" Dominic asked with a hardened face getting straight to business.

"Of course not, we said you had a family emergency" Murter replied and Dominic nodded.

Murter looked around the room and then back at Dominic, Dominic nodded receiving the signal that he wanted to talk to him alone.

His gaze shifted to Vivian talking happily with Amelia while slightly yawning "Vivian" Dominic said as she turned her head to look at him.

"Why don't you take your friend Amelia and get some fresh air or something to drink" Vivian's face twisted in confusion but she nodded anyway seeing his serious expression.

Murter gave Amelia a kiss before she and Vivian left, leaving her blushing and embarrassed.

"So-" Dominic said as Vivian and Amelia exited the room as he carefully sat up on the bed "-you and Amelia?" Dominic said with a small smirk plastered on his face.

Murter returned his smirk while scratching the back of his neck "Yeah" he said in a low embarrassed voice.

"She is my wife's friend so you better not play with her" Dominic said sternly while taking out the needle connected to the glucose bottle and slightly hissed in pain.

"Of course not, you know I don't date unless I really like someone" Murter replied to which Dominic nodded.

"By the way, what hell have you done?! Why bring me to a hospital!" Dominic said through gritted teeth as he continued "What if any one of our enemies found out?!".

"Your most trusted Doctor, Dr. Ramore is out of country at the moment. So I brought you here, it is heavily guarded and we kept changing your rooms just in case" Murter said calmly as he settled on the seat beside the hospital bed.

Dominic's mood worsened as he looked at the pale blue hospital walls in ire.

"You know what to do if anything happens next time" Dominic said.

Murter sighed "I will drag Dr Ramore by his collar and if he doesn't come I'll kill him" he recited the words that Dominic wanted to hear as he gave a small nod of approval.

"I needed to talk to you about something important" Murter said to which Dominic tensed and looked at his serious face.

"What" Dominic asked or more like commanded him to speak.

"Your house in London was attacked" Dominic's anger peaked when he heard these words leave his mouth.

○♤○♡○♤○

please vote,share and comment and follow!