Chapter 44

contains sensitive topics : cancer & mental health.
-

"Big brother!" Alexander turned around as he saw his little bundle of joy running towards him with her small legs and her long red hair tied up in a ponytail.

Alexander put down his computer on the grassy field of the park as he smiled at her with opened arms.

Vivian ran towards him as she hugged him while giggling in joy. It had been 8 months since the unfortunate incident.

Vivian parents had thanked him countless times after the car driver was arrested for drunk and driving. Vivian and Alexander had developed a pure friendship.

She was the first one who had accepted him after his uncle Giovanni, she always stuck to his side and made him smile when he was down.

"You look so pretty, let's get married when I get older!" she whispered in her childish tone as she made him wear the flower tiara she made while giving him a grin that showed her freshly broken tooth.

Alexander gave her a small kind smile as he pinched her chubby cheeks. His gaze fell on her upper arm as he saw a small scar from the stone that was stuck on her arm during the incident.

He caressed it "It left a scar" he whispered sadly. "It's ok! Momma says that it is an achievement I got for surviving a big accident" she replied happily as Alexander smiled at her.

Suddenly he started coughing heavily as his face flushed a light shade of red due to the sudden lack of oxygen.

"Big brother Lexi are you ok? Is it because of the flowers! I am sorry" she started mumbling the stupid nickname she had given him as small drops of tears formed in her eyes.

After a good 10 seconds of coughing, Alexander finally caught his breath as his gaze fell on the small scared figure looking at him with concern.

"It's not your fault sunshine, my body is just weak" he cooed her as he patted her head affectionately.

"Are you going to die?" she asked innocently as more tears pooled near her eyes.

Alexander laughed loudly while holding his stomach as Vivian looked at him with confusion "No sunshine,  I'll be fine" he said as he pinched her cheeks again.

Vivian sighed in relief as her grin was back on her face "Thank god Lexi otherwise I will be very sad if you left me" she replied as she resumed her bunkum talk.

Alexander's smile fell hearing that as his heart became a little heavy. "Actually Viv-" he muttered while gaining her attention as her big green doe like eyes stared at him, "-I.. have to leave for Paris tomorrow" he said as Vivian nodded.

"When will you be back?" she asked while playing with the gold bracelet that was around his wrist.

She was used to him going away for a few weeks to Italy because of his uncle's business and thought that he was yet again going to one.

"N-no I am going there permanently" he broke out the news to her as she stared at him with confusion laced face which later turned into a teary face yet again.

"But why? Do you not like me Lexi" she asked as she sniffled loudly.

"No no sunshine. I love you. It's just that my uncle is ill and he planning on handing over his business to me" he tried to reason out to a 4 year old kid who didn't hear anything after he said he was leaving.

"No don't go big brother!" she cried loudly while clinging to him.

"Don't leave me!"

●●●