Chapter 43

♡♡♡

A 4 year old Alexander sat on the bed with his father, Ferdinado, his mother's brother Giovanni and the doctor he has seen since birth standing in front of him.

"We can't let people know about him, Damiano has just become the Mafia King and I have sacrificed many things including my wife to secure the position of his right hand man!" Ferdinado said with desperation leaking tone as he continued "Seth is only 2 but I know he is stronger than him whereas he is crazy! Have you seen the way he talks!" he said while giving Alexander a dirty glare, who just looked down nervously.

"He has a weak body since birth, it isn't his fault! Yes, he may not be suited for the mafia world but he is smarter than most of the kids his age." Giovanni argued as he went near Alexander and patted his head.

"But he straight up fainted today! Damiano doesn't know about Alexander because when he was born when we weren't that close, but now that we are bestfriends--" he said as he rolled his eyes "--I don't think it'll be easy to hide him anymore, he thinks I only have one son Seth and that's good because if he finds out, everyone will and they will use this weak child against me!" he grumbled angrily as he threw him a dirty glare.

"If you don't want him, then I'll take him with me. You don't deserve him anyway." Giovanni said as he tried to console the crying child beside him.

"But wouldn't it have a negative impact on Seth, getting separated from his brother and all. He won't be able to focus on his studies or Mafia." the doctor said as Ferdinado nodded his head in agreement.

Giovanni threw them a disgusted glare "Look at you two, only concerned about the child who can succeed you and ignoring the innocent one here" he bit back "Come on Alex we are leaving" Giovanni said as he picked up Alexander and walked out of the room.

"Dada where big brother going?" Seth muttered in his childish manner as he held onto Giovanni's legs trying to stop him from taking Alexander away.

Giovanni's eyes softened as he looked at the small boy, it wasn't their fault that their father was selfish.

As Giovanni was about to scoot down and console the little kid Ferdinado spoke up "He is not your big brother he is a crazy bastard, forget about him" he blabbered as Giovanni's eyes glew with rage as he walked out completely ignoring the crying Seth behind.

𒊹︎︎︎𒊹︎︎︎𒊹︎︎︎

"Uncle I am going out!" Alexander said as he ran out of penthouse and finally outside the building. It has been 15 years since Giovanni had taken Alexander from his father's "care" and never once did he try to reach out to his kid.

Alexander's health has dramatically improved but he still couldn't do heavy work or tire him out very much, he had also picked out new hobbies, coding and painting.

Coding was one of his strong points, his uncle Giovanni often praised him for his intelligence and sometimes asked him to increase their company's data security or would ask him to breach rival company's security.

Alexander reached the park where he spent most of his time, painting or sometimes just staring at the beautiful clear river that always calmed his raging heart. He laid down on the soft grass as he looked up at the blue sky.

He could hear the commotion of the cars a little far away from him on the roads, he heard them everyday but today they seemed a little more urgent. His brows furrowed as he looked back to see a little kid on her little cycle in the middle of the road , as she desperately tried to peddle off to the side of the rode.

Alexander panicked as he heard the nonstop blaring of a horn and saw a uncontrollable car coming her way. He ran towards her with all his might as he easily grabbed the small girl but he couldn't run back with her because now the frenzied car was much closer.

He did the first thing that came to his mind, he jumped with the small girl still in his arms. The berserk car still went on and rammed into a tree. Alexander's jaws clenched in anger as he walked towards the car, totally ignoring the 4 year old crying girl.

He knocked on the car window but got a little worried when he didn't got any reply,"Is the fucker dead?" he thought as he brought his face closer to the tinted windows of the car while covering the sides of his face to block the sunlight.

He gasped when he saw a middle aged man laying unconscious inside with blood pouring out from his forehead. Alexander quickly took out his phone and called the police and ambulance.

After a good 5 minutes of conversation with them about his location and the accident his gaze on the small girl who was continuously crying while clutching her right arm. He ran towards her as he crouched down to meet her level, the girl looked up as a few more tears escaped her eyes "Are you ok?" he asked as the girl shook her head.

Alexander eyebrows scrunched as he took her hand that was clutching her other arm and removed it. A sharp stone was stuck on her forearm as the scarlet liquid kept flowing down. The girl hissed in pain when he slowly removed it and started crying again. "Watch" he said as the girl sniffled and looked at him with curious teary eyes.

Alexander's head ducked down as he kissed beside the wound an her forearm and then backed away and pretended to spit, "See? I threw away your pain" he said.The girl kept looking at him with her big doe like eyes, Alexander gulped fearing if she fell for his stupid act but he sighed in relief when he saw her giving him a big smile.

The girl started giggling in joy "Thank you big brother" she said in her broken language as Alexander's hand reached out and patted her head.

Her red hair fell on her forehead as he brushed it away while giving her a soft smile "What's your name?" he asked as she sat sat down on the soft green grass.

"Vivian Brooks!" she announced happily while giving him a toothy grin.

♡♡♡

don't forget to vote,share, comment and follow!