---38---

"I like you, Camilo."

It feels like a rock has been lifted off my heart for a few seconds, and then I realize he's not saying anything. He's not even peeling his eyes away from the sky above us and I realize that perhaps I wasn't loud enough.

Or...oh no...maybe he's playing it dumb, masking the fact that he has heard my embarrassing confession and is sparing me
the trouble I'll go through after I find out he doesn't reciprocate my feelings.

My heart and my mind are rushing in a thousand different directions and I can even feel tears springing in my eyes, but before I can do anything else, I hear a loud slam behind us.

"Y/n! There you are! I've been looking everywhere for you! You need to come with me. Just you. Now! No time to explain."

I turn around and there stands Ethan, horror laced in his eyes, and I frantically get up because I want to believe that he's not messing around.

Something terrible happened.

He helps me get back into the room and then tugs my arm harshly so that we can leave immediately.

Before we leave Camilo's room I spare him one last glance, and he's still on the roof, but now he's finally looking back at me.

To my utter dismay, his expression gives nothing away but confusion and perhaps a little sadness.

The door slams shut behind me and we're running. I almost trip down the stairs in the process but Ethan doesn't care and goes on, actually picking up the speed.

Outside the house awaits a carriage in which Ethan's dad is.

"Care to explain what's going on?!" i shout as we get outside.

"Y/n, you need to come with me back to your town. Your father is in terrible danger." Mr.Morales demands.

"What? My dad is not home!"

"Y/n, please, I'll explain everything on the way there, but if we don't leave right now your father could die!"

My eyes widen and although this makes absolutely no sense, I hop into the vehicle and the horses carrying it start running, knocking me back in my seat.

"Alright, explain please, sir."

"Your family was also gifted powers, Y/n. Your father made a big mistake revealing them and was sentenced to death after you turned 15. You also have powers, Y/n. We need to rescue him." he trails off.

"I don't have any powers and neither does he! He's off to work somewhere!" I protest.

I try my best to remain composed, but everything makes sense now...the third family, me being in the prophecy, everything weird I have ever experienced since I came here is tied by the magical powers I seem to also possess...

My dream of dad...it was a real warning!

"Then what powers do I have?!" I ask the man.

"I don't know, Y/n. You haven't gotten any signs that might help you figure it out?"

"I-I don't think so..."

"Then you must figure it out quickly because the prophecy says that you are the one who will either destroy or save your father and Encanto."

"How do you know that?" I say, panic settling in my bones...why me?

"Three will be gifted by the lake
But one will not for it make a break.
His family bears a curse
Only one can make the clock reverse.
Restore everything that was destroyed
Or wound up losing everything she has ever loved.
Quickly solve the crime
For everyone is running out of time." Mr. Morales states from memory and I am left speechless.

"Where did you get that from?"

"I have my own prophecy scroll, but do you understand what I mean, now?"

I nod my head haphazardly and look ahead. We're in the forest, going full sleep downhill to reach the village fast.

I'm anxious. I'm scared.

I. Don't. Know. What. To. Do.

I stared at my hands incredulously hoping to see some magic come out...but nothing happened. Nothing. No spark, no sign, no hope.

But I couldn't give up. I couldn't, not when my father's life was at stake. Not when I am supposed to fix everything.

Why me...?

My vision became blurry as I looked at my hands, and tears started running down my cheeks.

I wanted to believe this was a dream. A dream I would soon wake up from, but the wind hitting my face and the ache in my heart indicated otherwise.

A/n: i absolutely hate this chapter and it's probably one of the shortest i've written but i feel bad not updating im so sorry! thank you all for the support shown!

Please vote on the chapters and leave comments! i read and appreciate all of them!