𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐧

Nicolás Hernández was just a newborn baby when it all happened. His father, Sebastián Hernández was fleeing the town along with Alma and Pedro Madrigal. Sadly Pedro did not make it, leaving Alma and her 3 babies alone near that river, while Sebastián was begging the guards for his life with a baby in his hands. Somehow they let him live, giving him 15 years to raise his son. Alma escaped that cruel scene with her miracle and babies and fled towards a better life. Towards Encanto.

After the kid turned 15 his father was taken and killed, leaving poor Nicolás alone. Many years passed since then, Nicolás found love as time passed. When he was about 40 he was blessed with a daughter that he named Y/n. Everything was going well until Y/n turned 3, when her mother passed away due to an illness. They were both devastated, the older more as he knew better the hard time he's gonna have. As things couldn't get any worse, one day a soldier came to the small house the Hernández lived in, and talked with the father. Only a few people know the reason the adult was sentenced to death, given time until the infant became 15 to live.

Magic is a strong thing. A source of power that people couldn't understand and were afraid of. While Alma was the only one supposed to receive a miracle and powers, by that river, baby Nicolás had gotten lucky as well. The magic seemed to rub off on him too. He kept it a secret for as long as he could, but the smallest mistake led to the incident that got him sentenced to death. He never told Y/n his fate, and that's how we got to the present.